Sabotage? Arsenal Bottle It At Wembley

By Rachid Parchment

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

I’m just gonna be as direct as possible right now as I’m not in a long blog mood.

1. With us being 7 points ahead of Aston Villa at the start of the day, Villa not having a win in 10 games, us looking secure in 4th at the moment, what reason did we have to rotate today…of all days?! We’ve got Liverpool coming up on Tuesday and even if we lost we would still have been firmly infront of Villa and Everton. Why did Wenger choose to rotate today and not on Tuesday? Is he just that stupid or did he deliberately do it to fuck the fans over? It’s got to be one of the two. He of all persons should know what the FA Cup means to Arsenal fans around the world.

2. Given the crisis that’s befallen our defence over the last few days, why the fuck would you play a 4 5 1 formation when you’re trying to keep the defence as inactive as you can so you put less pressure on inexperienced players such as Gibbs and Fabianski? Not just that but why play Abou Diaby and have Arshavin and Nasri on the bench? Some may say Arshavin would’ve been found out by Hiddink but did you notice how quickly he threw him on when shit started hitting the fan in the 2nd half? As for Nasri being benched, again I direct you to point 1.

Abou Diaby was fucking rubbish, plain and simple. Cesc was used in a deep role and Diaby was played behind Adebayor and all he did was flop around providing no forward passes for Adebayor to get unto. Everytime he had the ball he played it either laterally or behind him. As such Adebayor had little to do, same to be said for Petr Cech in the Chelsea goal. It caused us to be camped out in our half more and put more pressure on our defence.

Fabianski’s come in for a lot of vitriol and this is my take on it. With regards to the first goal, yeah sure he should’ve done better at the near post but Eboue’s more at fault for the goal. It seemed there was an S&M game between Malouda and Eboue, Malouda being the dominator and Eboue being the bitch. Eboue did nothing all day to stop Malouda from going to goal and everytime he was beaten by him he raised his hand appealing for offside.

As for the second goal, I don’t blame Fabianski for coming out. Silvestre offered him no protection. He just fucking slowed down and let Drogba run by him unchallenged. Fabianski had no choice but to come off his line and try to cut his angle down. Maybe he came off a bit too early but in theory he did the right thing. For those that disagree, let me ask you this. What if he had stayed on his line? Wouldn’t he just be giving Drogba 8 yards of goal to choose to shoot at? Whether he wants to shoot to the near or far post? How would he possibly stop him then if he didn’t come out to cut the angle off? Furthermore where’s the fucking leadership from Silvestre? Is this how you protect the younger, less experienced members of the team?

Fuck it I’m too pissed…

Before I go, I have one more thing to say….how dare Wenger even attempt to blame the fucking pitch when he picked such a lousy squad?!

Your thoughts please….

About admin

Comments

1. Recardo says:

Thanks Cerbera. I hope he cand pass fitness for the man.u clash.

2. jerlung says:

Spot on Recardo…we need to have ‘some’ faith in our team..but with performance like yesterday..i wonder whether our faith are getting reward…three trophyless season..&*(*&*&*..BTW..Wenger knew that our defensive unit is not that good..why in the first place he didn’t play Arshavin/Vela/Bendnter?…anyway..hope the players morale will not be badly affected…maybe miracle can happen…UCL/EPL anyone?

3. Recardo says:

A win at anfield would be a big confidence boost going into the man.u game and knowing what liverpool did 2 man .u at old trafford

4. jamie says:

Forget the liverpool result against United…what should concern us is that united have all of their players returning and we are loosing them after every match.
    Back for united:
    Ferdinand-who has already shown how important he is to that team
    Brown–who up until he was injured was the best right back in the EPL and gives them that added toughness and experience
    Fletcher is back
    Anderson has returned
    Berbatov is back
    The brazilian rt back is back

In short, they can now go back to the rotation that was so effective for them earlier in the season and allow players to rest

We have lost Gallas and Dijourou(sp) for the season
    Clichy is out for 4 weeks–Gibbs is an ok replacement
    Van Persie looks like he hasn’t fully recovered from the groin injury
    Eduardo–can somebody tell me when he will be back

Pray fellas

5. keith says:

Wenger has lost tactical battles several times this season
    Fulham Away
    Stoke away
    Hull Home
    Spurs Home etc etc
    We have the players but do we have the tactician?
    No disrespect to Pat Rice but if Wenger stays he needs to bring in a strong number 2 with experience

6. Steve D. says:

I am personally impressed that AW has got us to two semi finals this year with the amount of injuries etc to key players, but I truely gutted that we lost this game.

I was surprised that Song and AA were not playing, but I don’t think it would have mattered what team we put out, we were never going to win with that pitch. The ‘going’ suited Chelski, because they don’t play so much on the ground and they rely on power. This game was always going to be played in the air and I think that’s why he chose to play Diaby (who shouldn’t even be in the squad IMO)I was dissapoointed when I saw the team sheet, but realised we would probably lose when I saw the pitch cut up after 10 minutes. The ball kept catching under the players’ feet and passes were being misplaced and mis-controlled by both sides. I knew then that this would suit the hoof-it merchants of Chelski. FFS – Vinnie Jones and the old Wimbledon team would have been at home on that pitch.

AW has been magnificent for us and everyone can make mistakes. He should have our full support. Lets face facts, we lost by one late goal to a defensive howler, with five first choice defenders out. Grieve and then move on, but don’t throw out the baby with the bath water.

7. James says:

“AW has been magnificent for us and everyone can make mistakes.”

Trouble is, after 5 years of mistakes patience is beggining to get a bit thin. First of all, Arsenal are not challenging for the title, and second, every time there is a big big cup game, Wenger nauses it up with his tactics.