Time for Wenger to do the right thing and quit..

its time for Wenger to do the right thing and walk away from Arsenal.

This is not a knee jerk reaction to our disgraceful show today, as most of the regular visitors to the forum and blog will know I have been saying that Wenger needs to go for a long time.

After the Deja Vu show by an almost full strength (RVP) Arsenal side vs a Man Utd team without Ferdinhand and Vidic, it was like the “MEN vs BOYS” champions legaue semi final at home last sesaon. What has changed since then? Well Ronaldo was sold and we all hoped that the “one man team” Man Utd would now be weaker. Well they are, But the problem is for us is that we are still lightyears away from Man Utd.

Our problems?

Like i have been saying for 2 seasons, Almunia is not good enough. How many times has this clown let us down in key games?  But yet Wenger stands by him?

Denilson is not good enough, Some of you may ask why?… Well watch the Man Utd 2nd goal scored today. Just watch Denilson tracking back.

Up front we are missing a striker, But yet Wenger (who has had since the summer and cashing in on Adebayor) to address this is still faffing about.

I said last week that “Wenger LIE to the Arsenal fans AGAIN” and was slagged off by many of you for coming out and doubting Wenger?

Wenger and Arsenal had a fantastic chance of winning the league this season. All Wenger needed to do was invest some of that £30m on 2 players. A centre mid and a striker, Like many of us have been calling out for a very long time. Instead Wenger signs a 35 year old on a free as cover. That for me showed his ambition.

Some of you who come on this blog or the forum to have a good at me are just lying to yourself. I’m not the problem and  i am not alone when i say that the problem is Wenger and his stubborn, arrogant ways.

He treats the FA cup with utter disrespect, a cup we had a very good chance of winning this season.

Let’s face it, wenger has said one thing and done something different for years.

You have to ask why?

Do you see other top managers doing this? No

wenger is nothing more then a stubborn lunatic, he says one thing on Monday n come Friday he says something totaly different. It’s almost like he is 2 different people.

Wenger is either very clever or just mental.

Like I have said a few times, the reason I feel he comes out and says he wants to sign players to the press is to get the best out of his players. But there are other ways of doing this.

Your new 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 tactics are not working. You lack of signings are key to all the problems we have.

What pisses me off is that we keep falling for this trick.

At the end of the season wenger will say the following ” I have identify the problems and I will be working hard in the summer to bring in 2 big players”

a few weeks after that wenger will say I have money to spend and I will do this if the right player comes along.

Then it will be ” we are looking at some players, but are not close at the moment to signing anybody”

then it will be ” I will only sign players, if I sell to replace them”

then 2 players will be sold.

Wenger will then say, the players coming back from injury will be like our new signing.

And then wenger will say.. I’m. Not going to sign anybody as it will kill the kids..

And then comes the end of the transfer window, And just as the transfer window shuts our chances of winning the league shut at the same time.

This has been going on for years now, I know that the board are never going to sack wenger so for me the man has to do the right thing and walk away.

Thanks Arsene for everything you have done but you can NOT take this team on anymore.

We need a fresh look at Arsenal because this in not working.

Sinbad

Debate this more with me on the forum ( HERE )

www.arsenalaction.com

1. Arsene Wenger

February 1, 2010 at 9:56 am

I cant believe all of you want me out after all i have done to this club. I believe im doing my best with the funds i have provided. As for the january transfers , it is not only about wanting to buy, it is to find better players than what you have available and we haven’t until now. It is as simple as that !Marouane Chamakh is not available because he is playing with Bordeaux and Bordeaux don’t want to release him. David Villa as well, Valencia don’t want to let him go. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ?! I HAVE trust in these players and i promise you that things will come good in the next games. Be patitient !

2. fdsf

February 1, 2010 at 10:56 am

YES…the main problem with the club is the man who brought us the most success this club has brought us. I bet (well i hope) that the Mancs weren’t calling for Fergie’s head when they had their barren patch.
    The plain fact is that the team out on the pitch yesterday should (and are capable of) have performed better!

3. Ash

February 1, 2010 at 10:57 am

funny…i bet there isn’t a single club out there who wouldn’t be begging to sign Wenger! Grow up!!

4. Peter Jones

February 1, 2010 at 11:40 am

Humiliation. Maybe now Gunners fans will lose their arrogance and stop shouting “Hoof” every time an opponent plays a long ball – its schoolboy stuff, because for all your pretty football you will win nothing – again!!

5. Fred

February 1, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I think it is juvenile for someone to call for AW sucking whenever we lose a match. This is football and we will win some and lose some. Man United were better in the day and deserved to win. What we should ask ourselves is what we can do to strengthen the squad. I say get a real goal keeper as the three we have are not good enough to play for Arsenal. Denislon had a horrible game but that does not mean he is not a good play. Same goes for Clichy who needs more games under his belt. We had lots of chances that we never took and hence lost the game. I think the writer of this blog is not a Gunner because if he was he would know that AW is the best thing that ever happened to the team – look at the stadium, the training facilities, the youth system, the fan base, the clubs current financial position all credit my friends goes to one Mr. Wenger. I still feel we have a chance to win this year…. because no one expects us to… Regarding recruiting new players, I like AW’s way to doing business. Look at Liverpool, Man City even Spurs – they have big players but where are they in the league? Goings to show that expensive players and big names does not guarantee trophies

6. chika

February 1, 2010 at 12:28 pm

why do fans like u write such bullshit when our team gets beat. when we win, u are thesame fan that write fantastic article about arsenal. when we lose u hit the panic button and start writing such loads of horse shit about ur team.

u should be the one to quit as an arsenal fan if u cannot accept defeat.

7. ultrav3

February 1, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I think u’re full of shit for saying AW should go! Although I agree with you that Almunia and Denilson aren’t good enough and should be dropped! But the fact is that who can we bring in as the successor for AW??? Who would be good enough to even compare to AW??? I’m even guessing that you get paid by the Spuds or Chelski to write these kind of shits!!! Just to disturb some inexperience Gunner fans’ head! Is that true??!!

8. BwoodGooner

February 1, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Wow I cant believe the change in the mentality of Arsenal fans. It saddens me too say that we have probably been hit a lot worse than United with the ‘prawn sandwich brigade’. You cant just sack a manager who has brought Arsenals best years and players. Most of the people on this blog are probably all arm chair fans who never even attend and when they do just sit in their seats occasionally slagging off the players but never offering encouragemet. Never support the team or manager when losing but claim to be the biggest Arsenal fan of all when we are top of the league. If you want to always see success then maybe you should just become another cockney-red. Also if Wenger did go tell me who we would bring in please? Mourinho? Play abit more like Chelsea used to yeah? Just shut up and stop moaning. It happens.

9. Niyi

February 1, 2010 at 2:51 pm

YOU ARE A SICKO TO SAY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S ONLY ONE GAME AND THREE POINTS OUT OF 90 ODD ONE OR SO. IT IS DISAPPOINTING AND DEPRESSING BUT PLEASE!

10. SINBAD

February 1, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Its not only one game? We have not won anything since 2005. Wenger has refused to accept that he is to blame with his lack of spending and poor tactics. How can you play 4-5-1 with Arshavin up top on his own? Before that it was Eduardo. Arsenal need to get back to 4-4-2 with 2 players up front with Song and Cesc in the middle and forget this new system. Add that Wengers faith with Almunia and his selling of key players without replacment is a good enough reason for change

11. ponntanny

February 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

If we loose wenger we loose fabregas, van persie and probly many more.
    ur a dick stop putting this shit on news now!

12. Niyi

February 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

SINBAD, I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION AND I SHARE YOUR PAIN AT OUR PROGRESS IN THE PAST FIVE TO SIX YEARS. CHANGE AS YOU KNOW BY NOW IS NOT ALWAYS A GUARANTEE FOR SUCCESS OR IMMEDIATE ASPIRATION. WE HAVE CHANGED AND HAD OUR SHARE OF GOOD FORTUNE ECONOMICALLY AND LONG TERM SECURITY. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE FOR ANY ALTERNATIVE FORGONE; NO HARD FEELING!
    ARSENE HAS DONE MUCH BETTER THAN YOU THINK AND HE IS ONLY HUMAN AND MAY GET IT WRONG IN ONE OR TWO AREA. PLS. TRY AND LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. OUR TIME WILL SURELY COME SOONER THAN LATER. IT WAS LIVERPOOL IN THE LATE SEVENTIES/EIGHTIES; MAN U IN THE NINETIES/NAUGHTIES.
    THE STADIUM AND THE FAN BASE IS THERE FOR MAN U AND ARSENAL HAS BEEN KNOCKING THE DOOR AND MIXING IT WHILE MAN U IS ACTING INVINCIBLE. BEAR THIS PAIN OUT, IT WILL BE WELL AND WORTHY.
    REMEMBER THOSE ASPIRING TO BE IN OUR POSITION AND THOSE WHO LOST OUR POSITION AND FIGHTING HARD TO BELONG! PATIENT IS A VIRTUE BRUV!

13. basildon gooner

February 1, 2010 at 4:05 pm

the problem with half the pricks on here is that they have only been Arsenal fans for three years . Wenger is an absolute legend and it will be the worse day in our long history the day he goes. So fuck off back to watching whoever you supported three years ago and do us all a favour !!!!!!

14. Stroller

February 1, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Would you have come out with this headline had we won ? No of course not, and you are simply trading on people’s disappointment and emotions to wage your headline grabbing anti-Wenger campaign. There are just 2 sides who are superior to us in the whole country and you think that is reason to chuck away years of development. I sometimes wish that the club would sink the lower reaches of the table and out of Europe just to teach plastic fans what it’s really like to be hopeless. Have Talksport been on to you yet for a phone-in ? As self-appointed spokesman for all supporters I’m sure that’s what you’re after.

15. keroppppi

February 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm

The sad thing is Wenger is not to paid to win us trophies anymore. If it is, this is one of the greatest joke in football that he still keep his job at a club still claim to be a top club and charging the highest price for tickets, not only in the UK but probably in the world..

16. Frank

February 1, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Write in English you stupid cunt. Don’t expect your opinions (which are garbage in any case) to be considered if you express yourself like a spastic.

17. Frank

February 1, 2010 at 5:34 pm

He doesn’t read critical comments, he’s a troll.

18. benny

February 1, 2010 at 6:34 pm

It’s very dissapointing bc we were so close this year of winning something. I think that we have losed more than a game yesterday, more than a 3 points, more than a super-derby. I’m affraid that this will be last season for Fabregas, and how the things are going, it will be for real. It seems that we all know where the problem is, we all know that we are short in some players. But ironically, Wenger and a Arsenal bord dont think so, bc they had choose the way, the material way, they had the formula how to survive even without winning a trophyes. And for all supporters and fans around the globe, I have a message, “they don’t care about us”!!!!!!!!!

19. Com

February 1, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Fuck Arsene Wenger..he could eat a dick! giving me broken heart since Viera left….

20. Serbian Gunner

February 2, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Fuck this,it’s been enough! Another season without trophies… I think it’s time for someone else to step in,this is going nowhere. In a few years,we’ll be an average club,like Hull City if Wenger keep on like this! We need A STRIKER,everybody sees that! Villa,Chamakh,someone like Torres,not 17-year old kids! I’m from Serbia,and here in our newspapers there’s an article about a kid from an average club from our catastrophy of a football league who’s going to sign for Arsenal! I SWEAR,IT’S NOT A LIE!!! This is getting ridiculous… ( I appologize for my bad English,but I simply HAD to submit this comment!)

21. Braffit

February 9, 2010 at 2:45 am

There are hundreds and hundreds of clubs in Britain and Arsenal is among the top 4 in all the land. We can’t miss this point…except there are no prizes for this achievement. As a fan, I would like this team to go the extra mile and finish first. I do not think it will happen again with Arsene in charge. When “possession” becomes more important than scoring more goals than your opponent, it’s time to go. Have a statue erected in his honour. Rename the stadium after him if you must but please, it’s time for a new manager with a focus on WINNING.