I hope RVP scores the winner and Cesc sits on the bench all night.

Will I be the only Gooner cheering on the Dutch tonight?

Two Arsenal players in the final, one on each side. I really hope that Robin Van Persie scores the winner and that Cesc spends the whole night sitting on the subs bench.

Why? …. Well, a few reasons! Some of the spanish players have really pissed me off “Gerard Piqué” with his comments about Cesc moving to Barca etc.

And I hope that Cesc finds sitting on the bench frustrating and maybe he will see the light that “if” he was to move he wouldnt be playing in the middle for Barca. He would have to play on the wings or even used as a sub.

RVP on the other hand has never said anything negative towards Arsenal, For me “if” Cesc was to leave RVP would be the future capt for Arsenal.

So adding all that up, I hope and pray for a dutch win tonight, with Robin scoring the winner in the last min and running over towards Cesc who is sitting on the bench.

How do you feel?

Do you agree with me? Debate this more on the forum > [ HERE ]

1. GuyZaa

July 11, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Perfectly said. RVP all the way. If Cesc doesn’t wanna play for us then I don’t want him to play for us. Barca can’t afford him anyway… That’s gonna be embarrassing for him when he comes back to London not wanted enough by the club “entangled in his heart”. When he comes back, take his armband away. Who will listen to a captain they know doesn’t want to be there.

van Persie number 10 will be on my shirt this season

2. Arsenalaysia

July 11, 2010 at 12:53 pm

It’s hard to admit..but i felt sorry for Cesc because i feel and hoping the same scenario tonight.. these bunch of barca made me wanna puke every time they’re trying to seduce Cesc.

3. Curt.B

July 11, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Also means no chance of Fabregas geting injured. Phew!

I wouldn’t even mind if the rested van Persie, just in case : D

4. Jr.

July 11, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Well done. totally agree.

5. Matt

July 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Hope van Perise tears Pique a new arsehole… I am so sick of that twat talking rubbish. Netherlands to win 2-0.

6. Arthur Smith

July 11, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Spot on mate.

7. Ben

July 11, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Agreed. Supported Spain for a numerous occassions, but not this world cup. Those Barca players really got my nerve.

8. Louis

July 11, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Dont blame Cesc all the time. It is not surprising that a player would be tempted to move when the most succesful club in the world comes knocking, especilally when his current club is not reaching its potential and even more so when the club in question is the team you supported before becoming proffesional. However, we dont know exactly what Cesc has said or how he feels. All we have to go on is sensationalist press. what I am sure of though is that if Cesc does stay with us (and I hope he does) he will put every effort into making sure we win something next season. Just look at his efforts against Barca last season. He has been nothing but proffessional for us and I see no reason why that wont continue when he puts on his Arsenal shirt in August. As for the tapping up by the Barca players in the Spanish team, they deserve nothing but contempt and sanctions for their obvious rule breaking.

BTW Good luck RVP tonight, and for gods sake dont get injured.

9. George

July 11, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Not being picked for Spain might make him think he needs to be over there to prove how good he is.

10. dave

July 11, 2010 at 2:19 pm

i hope cesc doesnt play tonight or maybe just come in the last minute so he can really feel how he’ll fare in barca with a barca dominated midfield. even if he wants to move i dont think his time is now. hope robin has saved his best for last and netherlands can win the cup=)

11. naz`

July 11, 2010 at 2:21 pm

You read my mind. I would love to punch Pique and Xavi in the mouth. A double punch. Boof Boof.

12. Dan

July 11, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Agree…i think xavi must fancy our fab he just cant stop talking about him,,,i just hope our van scores the winner

13. Mark

July 11, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I totally agree with you, and I must say we agree on a lot of things. Check out my preview on http://www.arsenal-fans.com/newsreader.php?NieuwsID=185

I hope it will be a great game and Holland will come out victorious!

14. rae brigden

July 11, 2010 at 2:33 pm

holland 2 win and rvp to score

15. Clockend Lloydie

July 11, 2010 at 2:44 pm

That is what I’ve been saying since we knew who would be in the final. AND for the same reasons. Please let it happen!

16. Clockend Lloydie

July 11, 2010 at 2:50 pm

BTW, GuyZaa, I don’t for one minute think that Cesc doesn’t want to play for Arsenal anymore. I’m sure he’ll give his all for the team he is captain of. I have no problem with anything Cesc is ACTUALLY QUOTED to have said. Don’t believe the hype, baby!

17. jp

July 11, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Damn I was thinking the same thing. I am not feeling my captain at ALL right now. How can we keep him captain after this????

18. Ibb

July 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Everybody who is starting to hate on Cesc, sayin if he doesnt want to play for us then leave and bla bla bla, you should know that is exactly how Barca want Arsenal supporters to react. Yes it is true Fab has said he wants to play for Barca one day. Just because Barca are saying it will be this season doesnt mean Fab is saying the same. He has explained he’s love for Arsenal many times in interviews and on the pitch. He has always respected Arsene Wenger for how he has helped him become the player he is today. He will play the 10/11 season for the gunners and he will do it with pride and love as he always have. It is up to us gooners to give him our full support next time he steps in to the Emirates cause he deserves it. If we fall for Barcas media tricks and dont stand behind Fabregas could lead to Cesc leavin earlier cause he is not feeling welcome.
    I for one hope Cesc gets to play and has a decisive role tonight, that will really burn for the likes of Xavi and Pique when he is wearing the arsenal shirt on Anfield on the 15th of august!

STAND BEHIND OUR CAPTAIN TIL THE END!

19. Kiri

July 11, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Agree. Want fab to stay as he is an amazing player. But uncertainty breeds division. So, rather now then 1 year. I thk not playing in world cup final will remind him of life in Spain.

20. Arsene's Choreographic Muse

July 11, 2010 at 7:13 pm

If football were dancing, then Arsene would be like the manager of a dance studio. Not one that competes with other dance troupes, but rather one which performs for artistic purposes like an acting company.

If you think about it, it’s amazing, Arsene has actually managed to turn the most historic football club in London into his own personal dance company. It’s all about expressing yourself, doing what you like to do and having fun, no pressure. Nothing to win, nothing to lose, just dance practice, dress rehearsal and then performance. Rinse and repeat.

Arsene doesn’t care what other dance troupes are doing, it’s irrelevant, this is about Arsene’s dance troupe performing Arsene’s choreography in the way that Arsene believes it should be done.

Think about it, that’s exactly what Arsenal FC is nowadays. If he could I bet Arsene would actually prefer it if all he had to do was conduct dance rehearsal everyday and never had to actually put it on the pitch for matchday.

Arsene wants to do what Arsene wants to do which is run a dance studio with nice sensitive boys who don’t cause any ripples or confrontations. Arsene’s joy in life is to be on the training pitch going through his choreography with his sensitive boys. Everything else outside of that , like competing, trying to win, etc. are forced necessities which he doesn’t want to be bothered with.

And it’s this greedy board at Arsenal FC which have allowed this situation to develope because of the financial benefits to themselves. Which of course they cut Arsene in on with incentive deals along with his big fat contract. And because of that Arsene gets to run Arsenal FC as his own personal dance studio.

And they top it off by obfuscating the whole lie behind the facade of “fiscal responsibility in an uncertain financial climate”. When in fact, the club is not being run on the cheap in order to be fiscally responsible, it’s being run on the cheap in order to put more money in the board’s pockets and Arsene’s as well.

21. DANNY

July 11, 2010 at 7:14 pm

i totally agree,this Picqueshit failed @manure and now want to confuse my successful captain into their uncompetitive debt ridden league.

22. dimi

July 11, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I will support Cesc until the end but not when it comes to Spain, those players make me sick. It’s RVP and the Dutch all the way!!!

23. JSP

July 12, 2010 at 6:35 am

I wanted exactly the same thing to happen but unfortunately the daigo turd got on the pitch and RvP had no supply from a defence minded Dutch team. Oh well, lets hope the daigo picked up a real bad injury and will be out for the next 12 seasons.

FABREGAS YOU ARE A SHITE!!!

Welcome home RvP