[Video] Arsenal Looking at Powerhouse Michael Ciani

Reports in this morning papers [NOTW] are suggesting that we are looking at Bordeaux defender Michael Ciani if they fail to sign Sebastien Squillaci.

The 6ft 2ins centre-half is renowned for being strong and powerful in the air,something Arsenal have been lacking for some time. Ciani, 26 also made his debut for France in a friendly against Spain in March.

The main sticking point would a fee which might be as high as £15m, because Ciani has three years left on his contract.

Having watched Ciani a number of times last season in the CL, I think he would be perfect for Arsenal and I would rather we pushed the boat out and signed him rather then Squillaci.

Video

Join the forumwww.arsenalaction.com/forum/

About admin

Comments

1. arsenal4ever says:

what about both? :-) Wenger said probably 3 signings.

2. Ross says:

Is that Chamakh with Ciani at 1:50?

3. gunner 4life says:

get him wenger!!!! he’s the new sol campbell! :D

4. no1gunner says:

Exactly what we need Big strong powerful force in the box. especially against the drogbas and rooneys of the EPL

5. joe says:

He can score, that’s clear from the video. I’d like to see more of him defending.

6. rudygooner says:

Noway for 15 mil.. I would prefer Tasci for that price..

7. Daymee says:

He’s a good player judging by this clip only. I haven’t seen him play but I can imagine he will not be coming to Arsenal for one reason: “”he is too good”….lol

8. mario from MALTA ARS FAN says:

He is the type of the player arsenal need strong ,big man,quick and even a goal scorer sign him before it is too late

9. billy says:

wenger will have to buy some one like this big strong fat and scores goals and if we do we will have another way of scorin heads and corners and set peices etc witch we lack in so we can think about real winning a title

10. OLD GOONER says:

He is big he seems strong and I think on the evidence that he would be an asset to the team. The trouble is the price, and our manager only looks for bargains because we are a bargain basement club.

Great pity

Old Gooner

11. jimmy says:

the song sucked but he seems decent. rather get him than squilachi. would like to see how he is defensively, is he fast, good reader of the game?

12. Mabs says:

I don’t know if we will get him cause we have signed sqauliiaq now, his goinf for a medical this after now. Like tonight lol. But i think we need another defender, and some big would be great to complement vermuleme.

13. Mexes Pistols says:

Why would Bordeaux and Tigana let Ciani go 1 week before the transfer window closes when they’ve already lost Chamakh…. when Cavenaghi’s already packing his bags to move to England and when Lyon and Aulas are closing in on Gourcuff.

Ciani’s a very good defender, strong and athletic and he learnt his trade at mighty Lorient.

He will however not join Arsenal

14. Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site.

It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance” between usability and appearance.
    I must say you’ve done a superb job with this. Also, the blog loads very fast for me on
    Opera. Excellent Blog!