Wilshere “Come on you Blue” Patriot or Idiot?

After his “tweet” during the CL game last night (above) is Jack Wilshere a patriot or an idiot?

Personally I dont understand why any Arsenal fan or player would want to see Chelsea win the champions league?

Or is Jack right.. Should we be supporting English clubs in the CL now we are out?

Whats your feeling? Please comment below..

ArsenalAction

1. ziggy

March 15, 2012 at 9:17 am

The longer Chelsea stays in the CL the better our prospects of finishing above them. Moreover in order to maintain our coefficients as used by Uefa,its important at least one club gets in the 1/4 finals. Patriot Yes but I guess there are underlying reasons as well.In that sense he’s no idiot.

2. McEndy

March 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

Yes ….Jack is right. Support English Clubs

3. Eric Turner

March 15, 2012 at 9:20 am

Somebody please take away his Internet access. Wilshere and Frimpong have become a joke and somebody at the club needs to sit them down

4. yloops

March 15, 2012 at 9:21 am

no probs with chelsea going through, especially after 120 mins, more time games means more tired players for the prem means 4th spot!

5. gaz

March 15, 2012 at 9:22 am

Patriot, chelsea will NOT win the champions league however it would be good to support english teams and Jack knows as well that the longer they are in it…..the more distracted from premier league they are….which is good for us….

6. Mint

March 15, 2012 at 9:26 am

The more intense games they have to play the better, i wanted them to go through as well.. but i wanted extra time and penalties to get them old legs wobbling :)… where does Wilshere say he wants Chavski to win the champs’ league ?

7. Danish Gooner

March 15, 2012 at 9:44 am

Dont worry they will come unstuck in every tournament.

8. Jales

March 15, 2012 at 9:46 am

No we should not be supporting chelsea in the champions league, for 2 reasons,
    1 If chelsea should win the trophy and we finish 4th, that means no champions league football for us.
    2 Arsenal deserve to be the first london team to win the trophy and nt a cuntish club like chelsea.

9. Danish Gooner 2

March 15, 2012 at 9:48 am

‘Patrio or idiot?’ Football lover.
    Now, get on with it.

10. gaya

March 15, 2012 at 9:49 am

Jack shows he loves football first and foremost and does not need to be tribal

11. Mark C

March 15, 2012 at 9:50 am

He can say what he likes, I’m a real Gunner and I wanted Chelsea to go through. Ok I wouldn’t have been too upset if they didn’t but well done and now they have more games to play thus maybe picking up more injuries and less concentration on the league.
    Happy Days

12. North for Short

March 15, 2012 at 9:56 am

What are you for real. Agree that Arsene Wenger might need to be mocved upstairs and a younger manager put in place (providing we have the support for him) however why do you need to blog on what a teenager thinks about another club. What am I doing replying to this???
    Sinbad, you really need to grow up and become a real supporter. You could take a leaf out of the Arseblogger’s book, now that is a site for sore eyes.

13. lee

March 15, 2012 at 9:58 am

I agree that Chelsea being in the CL improves our prospects of the 4th place but when you look at both teams, their relative success has been due to foreign influence. You support your national team if you want to be patriotic. That said I can’t call a Gooner an idiot but was annoyed to read that tweet and instantly unfollowed him!

14. Dave Highbury

March 15, 2012 at 9:58 am

When we were invincible, I remember the Fulham fans giving us a standing ovation. I will never forget this, and I love the Fulham fans for this. Credit where credit is due. Less of the cave man mentality. IF YOU DO NOT RESPECT THE OPPOSITION, YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR GAMES. This is why we used to get complacent in so-called lesser games. Wilshire is a top gooner you wind-up merchant.

15. carl

March 15, 2012 at 10:14 am

There must b something wrong with alot of people. Were out the champions league u gota follow ur home country they wont win it there reprecenting us now. What will u all say if sturridge goes euros and scores will u not cheer coz his a chelsea player wake up u jokers. N as 4 u lot saying about jack his arsenal through n through gooner loud n proud

16. Panic

March 15, 2012 at 10:18 am

If Chavski win the competition (I don’t think they will) only the top 3 will go into the Champions League next year as I understand it so I want them out. Results like that will only galvanise the team too, so regardless of fatigue I wanted them to lose. Add the fact that they are an odious bunch of w**kers and my feeling was definitely one of disappointment that they progressed. I think Jack should stick to concentrating on getting himself fit and playing for the only team in London that matter.

17. Jack

March 15, 2012 at 10:27 am

Its only a game!
    It’s the pathetic fans that idolise and over rate these players.
    Most players are teens with too much money and little brains.
    At 19 they are worshipped, respected and praised for anything they do.
    Fans should stop treating these fools as gods.

Just a dam game with morons kicking a ball.
    Not doctors or rocket scientists.

Enjoy the sport but stop idolising or judging them.

Get a dam life people !!

18. Dennis

March 15, 2012 at 10:30 am

Whats wrong with wilshere supporting Chelsea in the champions league? When we beat Barcelona at the Emirates premier league managers were praising us, even Rio Ferdinand took to twitter to praise us,Its football. English clubs no matter what kind of rivalry that exists in the premier league, will always wish other clubs luck when they play foreign giants. Chelsea showed that English clubs in the premier league are still a force to wreckon with.

19. Panic

March 15, 2012 at 10:42 am

I’ve just seen on the UEFA website that our game against the Chavs is sandwiched between the semi-final dates. I now want them to progress further.

20. Marc

March 15, 2012 at 10:47 am

Wilsheres done nothing wrong..he showed what class Arsenal supporters are all about and his support for another team flying his country’s flag. Being an Arsenal supporter, no matter who my local rival is, I will still support them when they are representing my country…whether it be Manure or even the Spuds… That’s just what Wilshere and a host of other players other clubs did, nothing wrong in that…

21. chris

March 15, 2012 at 11:00 am

Patriot or idiot? – Young lad. (its an international pandemic)

22. drona

March 15, 2012 at 11:11 am

English club, bullshit. If it was Tottenham I wonder if JW would have tweeted the same

23. musa

March 15, 2012 at 11:29 am

Their progression is ok for English football, however, they don’t seem like a potential winner. Wilshere is a thourough Gunner and a lover of good football and played one last night.

24. beje

March 15, 2012 at 11:44 am

If Blues get our fourth or third place he will be an Idiot if they stay away from us GO ENGLISH CLUBS.

25. CrossRoss

March 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Ditto what Ziggy said! The co-efficient was what I was cheering on!! Nothing to do with English pride or tainted rivalry. The loss of the Manchester duo will impact on the co-efficient in 2013/14 so Chelsea can do us a big favour and get a semi-on (oo-matron) and then loose to whoever in the first leg I’d be happy. Won’t watch it of course that would make me feel sick!

26. Mark N

March 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Im glad they got through not because i want them to win it, just because they can focus there attention on it and maybe they will not focus fully on the league, but would never tweet come on you blues, Remember when Ashley cole said he was a gooner and ended up there, you have to tweet your comments wisely Jack!!

27. taritari

March 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

am a gunner,.but last nigth i was with the blues..yeah! English club.. Am 100% with Wilshere on this. There are no permanent rivals in life.. Expect Spurs.

28. sinply7

March 15, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I hope chelsea get apoel next stage and go thru and then get barcelona in the semis.. come on, everybody knows chelsea got no chance of winning it. its good for the co-efficient and for us in the run for 3rd.

29. Anti-sp*rs

May 19, 2012 at 4:05 pm

It’s been two months since this post and guess what? I’ll be in my red and white tonight, screaming “COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!” at the top of my ****ing lungs. =]