18 years ago Today Arsenal signed Dennis Bergkamp

Dennis Bergkamp sings for Arsenal

20th June 1995 : it was 18 years ago today.

A great day in history for all Arsenal fans.

Dennis Bergkamp was signed by Bruce Rioch from Inter Milan for £7.5million. A british record fee at the time.

Its a day I remember very well. Thew news was on the radio “Arsenal have signed Dennis Bergkamp” I was like “NO WAY” he is a great player, this cant be true, Arsenal dont sign world class players like him”. I even called the club directly to confirm if this was true and they said “Yes we have got him”. Then the next day I saw the photos all over the papers.

It was the first time that we had done somthing like this during my lifetime and it felt amazing. I couldnt wait to see him play for us.

He went on to score 120 goals in 423 games for the Gunners, winning three Premier League titles and four FA Cups.

For me Bergkamp is our grestist ever Arsenal player.

About admin

Comments

1. Bonaventure Onyema says:

4Me, Dennis remains 1 among d best in d history of Arsenal.

2. Bonaventure Onyema says:

4Me, Dennis remains 1 among d best in d history of Arsenal. He’s really got d scoring mentality, techniques and more importantly, brings change in every game.

3. Bronston says:

He is a great player by all standards and his name will 4ever remain in our minds…we say thank u Bergkamp

4. Quince says:

What are you talking about? Glibly stating he is “Arsenal’s best-ever player” without a thought or nod to Brady, McLintock, George. Arsenal didnt start when you started watching you know. And without a nod or thought to Adams, Seaman and Bould too. It’s not all about artistry and glamour. Or at least it wasnt. But then, you probably think Highbury has always been a block of flats.

5. beerhippo says: