According to ROB SHEPHERD at the NOTW Arsenal will fund a £30m move for Karim Benzema this summer by cashing in on Adebayor. I would be more then happy with seeing the back of Adebayor and replacing him with Benzema. Have to say I cant see Arsenal spending £30m on a single player? But lets see.
ARSENAL are ready to hijack the Manchester United move for France striker Karim Benzema.
The Gunners board will be prepared to fund a £30million fee for Lyon’s Benzema, 21, if Arsene Wenger opts to cash in on Emmanuel Adebayor.
AC Milan have been considering making a new move for Adebayor this week. Togo ace Adebayor, 25, has also been linked with a move to Inter Milan and even Chelsea.
United are in pole position to lure Benzema – but he is also on Real Madrid’s radar. The player says he would prefer another season at Lyon to make sure he cements a place in the France side for the World Cup. But the club’s owners have hinted that a bid of more than £30m would turn their heads.
Gunners chief Wenger has been a long-term fan of Benzema. There were suggestions last summer he had a verbal deal with Lyon offering him first refusal.
On the face of it, £30m would seem out of Arsenal’s range. But the Arsenal board have approved up to £40m on new signings this summer and the sale of Adebayor would boost the transfer pot.
Wenger hopes to sign Brazil midfield ace Felipe Melo, 26, from Fiorentina. But the Serie A club may want £25m with Arsenal valuing him at £15m.
Enjoy this Video of Benzema in action
And dont forget to sign up to our free fans forum www.arsenalaction.com
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games