With only 4 days until the transfer deadline, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has to decide NOW if he feels the squad is currently good enough to win the title.
Wenger has the money to spend on fresh players after the summer sales of Toure and Adebayor. But will he spend it?
Its been a great start to the season and after hinting all summer that he would sign new 1/2 new players the time has come for Wenger to show his hand in the transfer market.
Wenger has recently ruled out moves for summer targets Chamakh, Hangeland & Matuidi so does that mean that Wenger is happy with the current squad and wont sign any new players? I think so!
Personally i feel we still need 2 players. A CB and a CM, My reasons for this is clear, If Gallas gets injured i dont think the likes for Silvestre & Djourou are good enough to deal with the likes of Drogba so we need a powerful CB.
As for a CM, Alex Song has had a great start to the season but who else in the team can cover that defensive role? lets remember that he will be off to the Africans cup as well, So we must sign a ball winner in midfield. I still feel we need that Flamini type ball winner in the middle of the park at Arsenal and i have hoped that Wenger would address this position this summer.
Like i said its been a great start to the season but lets not forget that we got off to a wonderful start 2 seasons ago and were top at xmas only to fad away and finish 4th. That’s why i feel we MUST strengthen before the deadline and build on this start and push on towards the title
Debate this more in this thread (HERE)
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai