With only 4 days until the transfer deadline, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has to decide NOW if he feels the squad is currently good enough to win the title.
Wenger has the money to spend on fresh players after the summer sales of Toure and Adebayor. But will he spend it?
Its been a great start to the season and after hinting all summer that he would sign new 1/2 new players the time has come for Wenger to show his hand in the transfer market.
Wenger has recently ruled out moves for summer targets Chamakh, Hangeland & Matuidi so does that mean that Wenger is happy with the current squad and wont sign any new players? I think so!
Personally i feel we still need 2 players. A CB and a CM, My reasons for this is clear, If Gallas gets injured i dont think the likes for Silvestre & Djourou are good enough to deal with the likes of Drogba so we need a powerful CB.
As for a CM, Alex Song has had a great start to the season but who else in the team can cover that defensive role? lets remember that he will be off to the Africans cup as well, So we must sign a ball winner in midfield. I still feel we need that Flamini type ball winner in the middle of the park at Arsenal and i have hoped that Wenger would address this position this summer.
Like i said its been a great start to the season but lets not forget that we got off to a wonderful start 2 seasons ago and were top at xmas only to fad away and finish 4th. That’s why i feel we MUST strengthen before the deadline and build on this start and push on towards the title
Debate this more in this thread (HERE)
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal