Today Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said “it was unlikely that the club would be sign a striker” in this transfer window.
Wenger told Arsenal.com
“It is very difficult in January to find players who are available for the Champions League, who are just good enough to play for Arsenal and at the right price. You never know, but at the moment it is unlikely [that we will sign a striker].”
Everybody tells me to buy strikers even though we score goal after goal. Sometimes in football you get remarkable attitudes.
“I can understand the question, but if you look at the number of goals we score you have to say we must be doing something right offensively.
“Nothing has moved on the transfer market, we again last night [Wednesday] scored four and we could have scored eight. If you look at the chances we created in the two Bolton games you have to say we have no basic, deep offensive problems.
“We are more worried about the number of strikers available and every next incident can be a little bit detrimental to the success of our season, so we want to be covered more than we want quality…because we have quality.
“At the moment the chances are not there because we have not found the player we want. It’s as simple as that. Today we had training with Walcott coming back, Bendtner coming back, Ramsey coming back. We have offensive players.
“To buy more strikers would mean that to give them a chance to play you have to change the system. The system at the moment suits some players and the team very well. It raises many question, not only the investment potential but the whole balance of the squad.”
I would still like Arsenal to sign 2 players in this transfer window.We might be top,but I feel we need to sign 2 players if we want to win the league and fight for the champions league.
Striker : Eduardo cant play up top in this 4/3/3 and it’s showing. We have to find a replacement for Van persie in this window if we are goining to win something. We also need a Ball winner in CM : Song is the only player we have at the mo who can do this job well. We need cover for him.IMO if wenger refuses to sign players this window our chances of winning something will go with it. We are in a great position, but cover like Eastmond is not going to be good enough in the big games coming up.
Wenger must spend to give us a fighting chance
Debate this more on our forum www.arsenalaction.com
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?