fawlty manuel strikes again…..
Birmingham substitute Kevin Phillips scored a stoppage-time equaliser as Arsenal’s title challenge was blown off course in a bruising encounter.
After a dull first half that finished 0-0 Wenger made a double change with Nasri and
in the 81 minutes Nasri scored a goal of real quality. He picked up the ball 40 yards out and charged to the edge of the box before unleashing a right-footed strike into the far corner.
In the last few mins with Birmingham pushing for an equaliser, gaps were opening up at the back and Nasri should have made it 2-0 but missed when one on one with Hart.
But the Gunners paid the ultimate penalty as a Hart free-kick was only half-cleared allowing Craig Garder to clip the ball back into the box for Kevin Phillips to poke it towards goal and through Almunia’s hands for a dramatic late equaliser.
Almunia – (2) One shot 2 deal with in 90mins and he allowed it to go throw his fingers for a soft goal.We will never win anything with this clown as our number one keeper.
Sagna – (6.5) Decent game, But poor crossing
Campbell – (7.5) Looked pretty solid, Won everything in the air.
Song – (6.5) Booked for a late tackle but apart from that did ok.
Clichy – (6.5) Same as Sagna
Fabregas – (5.5) Poor game.
Denilson – (6.0) wasteful and slow
Diaby – (8.0) MOTM, Powerful and great skils
Walcott – (7.0) Showed some good movement and pace. Missed a good early chance
Bendtner – (6.5) Poor game.
Rosicky – (7.5) Played well, Worked hard and never gave the ball away
Nasri, – (7.5) Changed the game and scored a great goal (Replaced Walcott)
Arshavin –(7.0) Did well, Showed some flair and pace (Replaced Rosicky)
Sign up to the forum to have your say on todays game and more ( HERE )
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future