We are a club who are stuck in the belief that we somehow play better than other people.
Well, after Barcelona’s lesson and a long Premier League season, it is quite clear that we are deluding ourselves.
Perhaps we occasionally smash a lesser team, and we all feel good, but we are an impotent attacking force.
We are a team stuck in perpetual apathy; the belief that we are better than we are. This is partly due to nostalgia in the fans, but mostly, nostalgia in the manager.
Look across the Premier League and what do you see; all the long time managers are being undone. Ferguson hasn’t built a decent squad, Benitez hasn’t built a decent squad, and Wenger to some extent hasn’t either.
The root of our problems, in my opinion, lie in our entrenched tactics. Wenger wants to perform them at Barca’s level, but even Barca don’t mess it about as much as we do. They always play with purpose; we rarely do. We do not have players that know how to play this formation; nobody gets into the box, nobody makes runs. They all just stand around flat-footed!
And yet most of them are trained at the Club for years, so really, is the training we are giving them leading them astray? It would seem so.
The overhaul of the team has to come primarily in the tactics. We have to get rid of this TERRIBLE 4-3-3/4-5-1 which we are awful at, and go back to the 4-4-2 or maybe a 5-3-2. Look at what Man City are playing with a 4-4-2 at the moment; it’s entertaining and successful.
Build a team around van Persie, he is a man amongst boys – literally and metaphorically. We have one of the best players in the world, in my list of top 5 strikers, and we don’t make the most of him.
Our signings this summer have to be angled at changing the tactics. I will F##king shoot myself if we start signing little boys who are sharp with the ball at their feet in a tight spot. We need men with thinking brains, who can read and understand the game. Guys who can play like Pirlo, Xavi, Xabi Alonso etc.
If we continue trying to play this STUPID way, then it wouldn’t matter who we sign. The TACTICS HAVE TO CHANGE; they undermine us completely. Whether or not this means the manager has to change? I’ll leave that question hanging.
Ferguson is soon on his bike, Benitez too. Wenger, you can’t be stubborn in this game, you either adapt and grow or we have to find somebody else.
Dont forget to join us on the forum and have your say on this and more ( HERE )
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?