On the forum today a member said that he was worried that Koschielny would be the only defender coming in to the club this summer.
It was pointed out that we might be losing (4) FOUR CBs this summer – Gallas,Senderos,Campbell,Silvestre
And it would be madness if Wenger didn’t replace them with new signings and that Wenger wouldn’t be that stupid to allow players to leave without signing replacements.
Well, I would like to point out that Wenger has a long history of allowing players to leave without signing replacements.
Remember that Gilberto, Flamini & Diarra were all allowed to leave in the same year (2008) without Wenger signing any CM as replacements.
So don’t be caught out thinking that if we lose 4 CB this summer, Wenger will go out and sign 4 readymade replacements.
History tells us that, Wenger seems to replace players gone with players already at the club and moves players up the peaking order.
When Flamini moved on, Denilson got his chance
Gilberto out, Song moves in
Vieira out, Cesc takes over… its going to be the same WHEN Cesc leaves, we already have a replacement in Ramsey.
So with the 4 CB leaving who will take over…
Well, I think it will be like so…
Vermaelen , Koschielny , Djourou with ether Bartley, Nordtveit making the 4th.
Personally I would like to see Wenger sign Gary Cahill or the Big 6ft 6 German.
i hope that Im wrong but dont be thinking that we are going to see loads of new faces arrive this summer.
Chamakh, Koschielny and a Keeper and thats it.
3 in and 4 out, and yet again we are going to be let down in the transfer window by our manager……MORE
Join our forum – www.arsenalaction.com/forum/
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?