After losing highly rated Fran Medira this summer, Arsenal are now in danger of losing young keeper Wojciech Szczesny in Jan on a FREE.
The young keeper now feels “unwanted” at Arsenal after a bust up with Arsene Wenger and said
“I know Arsenal are fighting for trophies, but if you want to win anything you must play your best players, not the oldest ones.
“It would be helpful if the best goalkeeper was playing.
“I am ready to play at a high level and I need a club who will not be afraid to rely on a 20-year-old. At Arsenal, nobody is brave enough to do so.
“When I get the chance, I’ll show I should have got in earlier.
“I would love to play for Arsenal, but I really expect something more than a few words at a press conference saying, ‘One day Szczesny will be the No1’.
“I was trying to fight for the No1 shirt, but nobody noticed that. I am not interested in being the No3 at any club in the world.”
Szczesny’s contract is due to expire at the end of the season and he has revealed that, despite having met with Arsenal three times, he is not sure where his future lies.
“I will be able to sign with any other club on January 1,” he said.
“I had three meetings about extending my contract but the club don’t seem to be interested at the moment. It won’t be difficult to find a new club. I would like to stay but not in the reserve team. It will be hard to stay when I feel unwanted.”
Debate this more on our forum – http://arsenalaction.com/forum/
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future