Arsenal —– 2-1 — Birmingham
* Nasri (pen) 41 — — * Zigic 33
* Chamakh 47———————
Arsenal came from behind to beat Birmingham 2-1. The visitors went ahead against the run of play when striker Nikola Zigic headed home Keith Fahey’s cross.
Samir Nasri levelled from the penalty spot after a foul on Marouane Chamakh and Chamakh rounded Ben Foster to put Arsenal ahead.
Arsenal should have killed the game off but wasted and passed on the chances.
Wilshere was given his marching orders for a nasty late tackle on Zigic.
Fabianski : 9.0/10 (MOTM today, Came for everything. punched, when he needed 2 and came with safe hands)
Eboue : 7.0/10 (Showed great pace down the right)
Squillaci : 7.5/10 (Capt was solid at the heart of the new CB pairing)
Djourou : 7.0/10 (Looked solid and showed some good pace)
Clichy : 7.5/10 ( Fantastic pace and workrate, maybe should have scored but it feel to his right foot)
Song : 6.5/10 ( Worked hard but poor with his passing)
Diaby : 8.5/10 ( Great game by the big man today, Loads of skills but should have shot but passed)
Nasri : 7.5/10 ( Took his pen very well and linked the game well)
Wilshere : 8.0/10 (GREAT game but sent off for a disgusting tackle)
Arshavin :5.5/10 (Poor game yet again, needs a kick up the backside)
Chamakh : 7.0/10 ( Won the pen with a clear dive, and scored the 2nd very well.. But he needs to stop going down so easy)
Bendtner 6.0/10 ( Came on and looked off the pace)
Rosicky 7.5/10 (Played well, took the shot on when he needed)
Debate this more on our forum – www.arsenalaction.com/forum/
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal