Arsenal are thought to be plotting a move for Holland midfielder Ibrahim Afellay.
Afellay has a close friendship with Robin van Persie and signing Afellay could convince the want away striker to stay.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been a long-time admirer of the 26-year-old and tried to bring him to the Emirates Stadium back in 2010, before he opted to join the Catalan giants instead.
However, Afellay’s agent Rob Jansen is now claiming that his client is surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.
Inter Milan are also rumoured to be interested in Afellay who is on the market for around £5m.
Van Persie will meet with manager Arsene Wenger this week to speak about his future.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper