Judging by reports this Morning it appears the emotional Bacary Sagna that was seen on Saturday evening lifting the FA Cup for us has played his last game in the red and white. Reports this morning suggest Sagna will open talks with Premier League rivals Manchester City as he has rejected the latest Arsenal offer. The French right back had previously been reportedly offered a 2 year deal worth £90,000 a week. Sagna is thought to be holding out for a new 3 year deal worth £100,000 a week along with a signing on fee. You would have to feel that the Arsenal offer is final as they tend to not offer such a deal lightly to a 31 year old.
Reported in the not that reliable Daily Star is that top of Arsene Wenger’s list is Serge Aurier the attacking Toulouse right back has impressed a lot this season and is seen in many quarters as the ideal replacement for Sagna. Aurier who has been dubbed “the new Dani Alves” he would carry a transfer fee of around £7 million. Aurier is expected to figure for the Ivory Coast in this summer’s World Cup in Brazil and has scored 8 goals in Ligue 1 this campaign and would offer a lot going forward as well as being quick and strong. One look at Aurier and you can see he is a real athlete.
Aurier recently asked about the link to Arsenal replied with “Arsenal is my dream” it is clear he has a desire to move to the Premier league and Arsenal. Aurier would definitely fit the bill and he is expected to be our first summer signing.
thanks for reading
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games