Arsenal have rumoured to have agreed personal terms with Loic Remy ahead of a possible move to the Emirates this summer.
The French striker has just completed a successful season long loan spell at Newcastle United scoring which has lead to the London contingent of Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham all expressing their interest but it seems the Gunners are leading the race for his signature according to the Metro.
Queens Park Rangers will be looking to offload Remy for around £10m, which makes him a bargain for any club and also eases the financial woes of QPR as Remy is on relatively high wages and they need to free up some money.
The 27 year old striker scored 14 goals in 26 games last season and was Newcastle’s top scorer for the year. Remy is known for his pace, especially his ability to be anywhere quickly on a pitch including being in the penalty box when you need them, this is something that is desperately needed in the Arsenal attack as Giroud just can’t cope with running up the pitch to get into the box on time and often fails to even appear there.
If this is our world class striker signing then I think we’re in for a big disappointment because I don’t think Remy will ever be that, he has a potential to be a really good forward but he’s no Henry and I don’t think he ever will be as good as that. He lacks creative ability and his finish still needs a lot of improvement.
Remy will most likely be used in a support role hopefully to a new world class striker or a possible back up/bench player as the thought of him playing alongside Giroud bores me to tears. I don’t think either are strong enough or good enough to support the other.
With Bendtner gone and Sanago still in need of development Remy will make a good addition to the squad and he is definitely a game changer so hopefully this deal will be completed over the coming days.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper