It has been confirmed that Lukasz Fabianki has joined Swansea on free transfer after being released by Arsenal.
Fabianki joined us many moons ago in 2007 as a young goalkeeper and at first he was a bit of a liability, I’m sure many of you remember the Porto disaster that unfolded before our eyes in 2010 which earned him the nickname “Flappyhandski”.
It’s fair to say that he didn’t have the best start at Arsenal but that changed somewhat over the years in between injuries and competing with Szczesny Fabianski established himself well.
Over the past 3 years he has improved no end and he is normally first choice in goal for cup tournaments which has helped him develop his form further. He gave us great moments such as saving a Thomas Mueller penalty when we played Bayern Munich last year, that great performance against Partizan many years ago and let’s not forget his biggest achievement for Arsenal and the most recent.
This season he carried us all the way through the FA Cup final and he was a big reason why we got as far as we did. He fully deserved that medal and he deserves this move to Swansea. They get a good, hard-working goalkeeper who could easily be their no 1.
Please join me in wishing Lukasz Fabianki all the best of luck at Swansea, thank-you and good bye.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future