It has been confirmed that Lukasz Fabianki has joined Swansea on free transfer after being released by Arsenal.
Fabianki joined us many moons ago in 2007 as a young goalkeeper and at first he was a bit of a liability, I’m sure many of you remember the Porto disaster that unfolded before our eyes in 2010 which earned him the nickname “Flappyhandski”.
It’s fair to say that he didn’t have the best start at Arsenal but that changed somewhat over the years in between injuries and competing with Szczesny Fabianski established himself well.
Over the past 3 years he has improved no end and he is normally first choice in goal for cup tournaments which has helped him develop his form further. He gave us great moments such as saving a Thomas Mueller penalty when we played Bayern Munich last year, that great performance against Partizan many years ago and let’s not forget his biggest achievement for Arsenal and the most recent.
This season he carried us all the way through the FA Cup final and he was a big reason why we got as far as we did. He fully deserved that medal and he deserves this move to Swansea. They get a good, hard-working goalkeeper who could easily be their no 1.
Please join me in wishing Lukasz Fabianki all the best of luck at Swansea, thank-you and good bye.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?