The Premier League is back once more and Arsenal have a relatively nice first game versus Crystal Palace to introduce them to the new season. For once the majority of Arsenal fans seem to be optimistic and even excited about the coming year and that is mainly down to way the club have conducted their summer transfer window and also ending our 8 year trophy drought with an FA Cup and Community Shield.
It’s fair to say Wenger’s Brazilian holiday has done him some good this summer and like most fans I’m excited to see Debuchy, Sanchez and possibly Chambers on the pitch this Saturday.
Palace won’t be easy opponents to start with, we might have beaten them twice last season by 2 goals to nil but they still made us work very hard for it and this game will be no different. Pulis has made some good transfers this summer in the form of Brede Hangeland and Frazier Campbell and they will definitely provide Palace with more strength in defence and also upfront.
That being said we have the advantage of playing Man City last week and although it was a friendly we still got to see what shape both teams were in and we look strong. We look fully capable of overcoming Palace with the ease we did City last week, our team have a spring in their step and plenty of determination to go forward in this game.
Arsenal are still missing their German players due to arriving back late from the World Cup and Koscielny is nursing a hamstring injury. Walcott is still not match fit but Debuchy, Sanchez and Chambers could all make first team débuts this Saturday.
For the first time this season: Come on Arsenal, this is our year!
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games