Our start to the season has been as prolific as a Jedward World tour, a nervy win against crystal palace, a 2-2 draw against Everton and now a 1-1 draw against Leicester.
It is apparent that Yaya Sanogo is not good enough to guide us anywhere but a laughing stock, whether Sanogo will turn out to be a good player is irrelevant if we don’t sign a striker in this window it will just be the same old song, when we thought things might be different it has turned out to be pointless.
Of course it is way too early to be predicting Arsenals campaign as a stagnant chase, but the harsh truth is Arsenal have 24 hours to fix the problems, and with Chelsea confirming the capture of Loic Remy the choices are thin.
But something is lacking all the hope we have has dwindled into a fiery pit of doubt as we sit pensively hoping that Wenger makes the right choices.
As it is rather peculiar as Arsenal do have a good amount of talent but they are lacking you would have thought the FA Cup win would have electrified their passion but as of yet nothing but the same faltering team. Maybe I am being a bit too critical at such an early stage but not without reason. You cannot fault Wenger’s signings and the fact they were signed early was a good sign! Bit is it enough? It’s about time Arsenal show something show their strength and Wenger’s apparent amnesia when it comes to needing a striker is unfathomable.
How can you look at Sanogo and think that we don’t need a striker? He has improved since last season but nowhere near enough and we do not have enough time to be patient.
And Alexis Sanchez is still to adapt to England although it is good to see him on the score sheet, so we will just have to wait and see and play that rather familiar waiting game.
Lets just hope Wenger shows more faith in Joel Campbell.
We have been linked with a few strikers other than Falcao none seem to look like a proper answer though I do find it strange that we haven’t been linked with City’s Álvaro Negredo as he is a good option for forward option.
We’ve been linked with Carlos Bacca who plays for Sevilla whose scored 14 goals last season and would cost £12.5 million will be honest not really excited about this rumour.
Its hard to articulate what Wenger is thinking and he does often perplex his critics but we need answers.
So what striker would you sign?
Would Alvaro Negredo be a good option?
Answers in the comment section.
Thanks for reading
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games