Good evening Gooners, hope you are all recovered from the loss and looking forward to Saturday’s game against Aston Villa.
Unfortunately it looks as though we will be without our newbie Debuchy after he was stretchered off in the later part of the City game last weekend. Matthieu Debuchy has confirmed that his injury may have left him needing surgery. He posted a status on Facebook on Wednesday night revealing the extent of his injury.
“No fracture but one broken ligament… I have to wait until Friday in order to know if I must have surgery…”
He will have further tests tomorrow before finding out whether he will face a long period out of action.
Jack Wilshere is fit to play against Villa after suffering an ankle knock during the game against Dortmund on Tuesday. It is his injury prone ankle so I think we have to be cautious here and it’s likely Wenger may rest him on Saturday anyway.
This week Arsene Wenger took part in an advertising campaign with phone company Huawei who have promised they have the most amazing smartphones….but it’s more cash for the club so whoopee.
It was quite an interesting interview none the less and fans asked Wenger some questions, (obviously these were vetted not to include any DM or defensive transfer questions) some were silly but there were a few football related questions that were interesting.
A fan asked Wenger who his proudest signing was to which he replied
“The names are obvious…I believe it’s very difficult to compare Lauren with Thierry Henry. Sometimes you’re prouder of a signing who was less obvious who nobody had saw.”
He was also spoke of his regret that he never signed Cristiano Ronaldo, especially as he revealed was close but Fergie jumped in and got him instead. He also speaks about how he would have liked to have managed Didier Drogba during his career.
It’s a bit of an awkward video but fun to watch all the same.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future