Olivier Giroud is thought to be returning to the Arsenal team earlier than expected after recovering from a fractured tibia sustained during the game against Everton in August.
The news of his return will be a huge boost to Arsenal who are in the midst of their worst injury crisis to date.
The French striker had surgery on his foot and said to be recovering well according to manager Arsene Wenger who told beIN Sports:
“Olivier Giroud is recovering very well,”
“I believe he is ahead of schedule in terms of rehabilitation. The operation went perfectly.”
Giroud could well return to football by the end of the year should he continue the good progress. It will be interesting to see how he slots into the team with new signing Welbeck but Wenger believes they will be fine playing together;
“Welbeck and [Giroud] can play together in the centre or separately. Welbeck also played on one side to Manchester United. Welbeck played in the same team with Rooney and van Persie. He can play down the sides.”
This is a worry because Welbeck is not very successful when played to one side, he wasn’t at United and it’s likely he won’t at Arsenal too.
The French striker was also spotted out and out in his native Paris this weekend as he takes a break with his wife and daughter, most likely mending his broken foot and probably his marriage after it was revealed that he had affairs at the beginning of this year.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future