Arsene Wenger extended his current management deal in the summer for an extra 3 years on the back of a vital FA Cup win for the Gunners.
Even though the French manager will most likely remain at the club until 2017 it’s clear that this will quite possibly be the last three years of his reign at Arsenal.
Ivan Gazidis admitted this week that the club are already assessing the future ahead and the selection of the next Arsenal manager who will replace Wenger when he leaves.
Speaking to ESPN he told them:
“The biggest challenge we’re going to face as a club is that, when the transition from Arsene to the next manager happens – and I don’t know what that’s going to be – we come through that strongly,” Gazidis said.
“So much of the attention on a football club is around an individual, and that’s very understandable at Arsenal because we have a giant managing us.
“Arsene has been a fantastic driver and has put the club in a great, great position.”
Gazidis also speaks of his ambition to propel Arsenal to be amongst the elite clubs in the world and feels they are “off the shoulder” to achieving that.
“We want this football club to be at the top of the world’s game,” he said. “If the manager believes in someone like Mesut Ozil, he can buy him. It’s the same with Alexis Sanchez.
“Underneath that tip of the iceberg, those star signings, there’s an awful lot else going on. Our youth development, for example, is going to be the foundation of this football club going forward.
“We are off the shoulder of the world’s top teams, but that’s where we’re aiming to get to. We want Arsenal to be in that elite group of football clubs around the world.”
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper