Andre-Pierre Gignac is the latest name to be linked with Arsenal in recent days, Gignac has rejected the latest contract offer and now looks set to leave his club Marseille next Summer. Gignac has been in good form for his club this campaign netting 10 goals in as many games. The French Striker will be available to enter into a pre contract agreement in January.
It is no secret that one of the departments Arsenal need to strengthen is up front but is Gignac the type of player Wenger should be looking at? he is very similar to Olivier Giroud, some might say he is a carbon copy. He has a decent enough goal scoring record but if Arsenal are to be challenging Manchester City and Chelsea they really need to be looking at a more clinical finisher.
Currently Wenger only has one fit out and out Striker in the first team which is Danny Welbeck who scored on Saturday and has made a decent enough start to his Arsenal career, with injuries to Yaya Sanogo and Olivier Giroud it has been a little bit desperate of late and there definitely needs to be a move made for a high profile Striker come January if Arsenal are to finish anywhere near Top Four.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?