Arsenal have been dealt another injury blow after David Ospina was ruled out of Arsenal’s Champion’s League game versus Anderlecht this week.
Ospina has had a thigh injury niggling since the World Cup finished and has rested it once since joining the Gunners but the injury has flared up again. This seems to be a worrying issue for Arsene who is no stranger to buying injured players in recent years but Ospina is having real trouble recovering from this thigh problem.
Wenger commented on this issue in September when speaking to HITC
“Ospina has a little thigh problem. He won’t be available. I cannot tell you when he will play but he is in a position where he has to fight for his position” said Wenger. “I like him as a goalkeeper because he’s intelligent, he’s quick and has shown that he can adapt. I hope in the future he can show his qualities.”
The injury will result in Emiliano Martinez stepping into goal and making his debut for the club as Wojeich Szczesny is suspended due to a red card in the game against Galatasary.
Martinez joined Arsenal 4 years ago and only appeared in a handful of games. He now gets his chance to shine for the Gunners and hopefully he can prove he has what it takes to be a first team goalkeeper because we nee one of them right now.
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai