Arsenal have been dealt another injury blow after David Ospina was ruled out of Arsenal’s Champion’s League game versus Anderlecht this week.
Ospina has had a thigh injury niggling since the World Cup finished and has rested it once since joining the Gunners but the injury has flared up again. This seems to be a worrying issue for Arsene who is no stranger to buying injured players in recent years but Ospina is having real trouble recovering from this thigh problem.
Wenger commented on this issue in September when speaking to HITC
“Ospina has a little thigh problem. He won’t be available. I cannot tell you when he will play but he is in a position where he has to fight for his position” said Wenger. “I like him as a goalkeeper because he’s intelligent, he’s quick and has shown that he can adapt. I hope in the future he can show his qualities.”
The injury will result in Emiliano Martinez stepping into goal and making his debut for the club as Wojeich Szczesny is suspended due to a red card in the game against Galatasary.
Martinez joined Arsenal 4 years ago and only appeared in a handful of games. He now gets his chance to shine for the Gunners and hopefully he can prove he has what it takes to be a first team goalkeeper because we nee one of them right now.
- Mesut Ozil’s agent hits out at Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta
- Alan Smith reacts to Mesut Ozil’s exclusion from the Arsenal squad
- Lucas Torreira looking to leave Arsenal permanently
- Mesut Ozil believes exclusion from Arsenal squad is because of the club’s commercial interests in China
- Opinion: Best young players Arsenal can buy in January
- Mesut Ozil reacts to his exclusion from Arsenal’s Premier League squad
- Arsenal Roundup: Mesut Ozil axed from squad, Agent confirms bid for winger
- Arsenal linked with a move for Bayern Munich midfielder
- Ian Wright heaps praise on Arsenal trio after Man City defeat
- Former scout reveals Arsenal were “very, very close” to signing Lionel Messi