It has been established that Kostas Manolas turned down a move to the Emirates in the summer in favour of joining Roma.
After an impressive succession of World Cup performances his talent was highlighted and several clubs including Arsenal were interested in signing him but he favoured a move to Roma instead.
The Greek defender confirmed that he had offers from Arsenal and Juventus and was even rumoured to be in London for a medical at one point but he din’t speak to either club. Speaking to Il Tempo he told them;
“It’s true, Juventus sought me out after the World Cup.
“I could also have ended up at Arsenal. But I never went to London, as it was reported.
“Now, for me, there is only Roma. I’m very happy to have come here.”
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games