It has been established that Kostas Manolas turned down a move to the Emirates in the summer in favour of joining Roma.
After an impressive succession of World Cup performances his talent was highlighted and several clubs including Arsenal were interested in signing him but he favoured a move to Roma instead.
The Greek defender confirmed that he had offers from Arsenal and Juventus and was even rumoured to be in London for a medical at one point but he din’t speak to either club. Speaking to Il Tempo he told them;
“It’s true, Juventus sought me out after the World Cup.
“I could also have ended up at Arsenal. But I never went to London, as it was reported.
“Now, for me, there is only Roma. I’m very happy to have come here.”
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper