Stuttgart defender Antonio Rudiger has paved the way for a move to Arsenal by revealing that he would love to play for the North London club.
In a recent interview he told reporters that he “dreamed of playing in the Premier League” and would favour a move to Arsenal.
“I have been following Arsenal since the days of Henry and Bergkamp,” he said. “I watch videos of Arsenal all the time on YouTube and I often wear the current Alexis Sanchez shirt. My heart beats for Arsenal.”
The 20 year old German International has just recently featured for the national team in their qualifiers and put in two very good performances which pleased Löw who described as “another Jerome Boateng” praises the youngster highly and expects him to be a regular team player wherever he goes.
Rudiger has been gaining a lot of attention since he broke into the Stuttgart first team 18 months ago and in has led to a lot of clubs in Europe interested in signing the youngster including Chelsea and Arsenal. It seems we would lead the race to sign the youngster based on his love for the team but will Wenger take the bait?
He has all the qualities we require at Arsenal desperately and now. His natural role is centre back but he can also play as a holding midfielder and that is music to our ears when that is concerned.
I’ve literally only see Rudiger play a handful of times but from what I have seen he looks good enough to provide us cover and has the potential to be a regular first team member. He is a bright prospect for the future and we could certainly do with his energy in the team as well as solidity in defence.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper