Brazilian defensive midfield player Romulo Borges Monteiro is the source of transfer speculation and has been linked with a January move to Arsenal.
The 24 year old is the type of player many feel Wenger should be looking at and could answer a few of the defensive questions that still remain unanswered at the club. He is a very industrious, hard working and disciplined holding midfield player.
“Romulo” was signed by Spartak Moscow in 2012 for a fee in the region of £6 million and it is being reported that the Russian club are ready to cash in on the Brazilian.
“He is better than Rafael Carioca and the other Spartak options but I can’t say he’s indispensable.
“By nature he is not a leader. Yes, the Brazilian is a good player but if the offer is there to sell him you need to let him go.
“If Romulo learns that Spartak won’t let him go to Arsenal then he may harbour resentment and play worse after the failed move.
“It is necessary for the Red and Whites to trust their youth academy graduates and stop relying so much on foreigners.”
A reported bid of £9.5 Million plus Yaya Sanogo on loan has been mooted but this is still yet to be acknowledged by either club.
Arsenal have lacked some real steel in front of their back line for years and the signing of Romulo would give them that added security, it is still unclear if wenger will move for the Brazilian in January with reports in Spain suggesting he is still interesting in taking Sami Khedira from Real Madrid when the transfer window reopens
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games