According to reports Manchester City are to offer their young Serbian defender around to European clubs for £5 million in January as the blue side of Manchester look to trim their squad.
Nastasic is quite the forgotten man at the Etihad and many predicted his departure in the Summer with AC Milan believed to be his destination in a loan deal however he could not agree terms and remained in Manchester.
At the age of 21 has more experience than most at that age, he has already won 16 caps for his country and spent a year at Fiorentina before his move to the Premier League back in 2012.
The central defender was signed by former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini and has failed to impress current manager Manuel Pellegrini with the defender failing to make any appearances in the league this season.
The former Partizan Belgrade man was tipped to be a big success in his first season under Mancini when he made 21 League appearances but since the dismissal of the Italian coach opportunities have been limited. Nastasic will be looking for a move in the new year in an attempt to get his career back on track.
Arsenal are in desperate need of defensive players with the absence of Mathieu Debuchy and Laurent Koscielny due to injury, Thomas Vermaelen was sold to Barcelona for £15 million who was not replaced and then there is Carl Jenkinson who left in a loan deal to West Ham.
The January transfer window could be make or break for Wenger who has been put under pressure to buy re-reinforcements in light of some uninspiring defensive displays.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future