It is being reported in the Mirror that Arsenal are set to resurrect their interest in German midfielder Lars Bender, he is a player that Wenger has admired and chased for many a season and it has been mooted that the Arsenal Manager is readying a fresh bid.
Bender is Bayer Leverkusen’s prize asset and it would take a substantial bid to secure his signature in January,but with the Arsenal board making it clear in the past week that reinforcements are needed and money is available it could be now or never for Wenger who has come under serious pressure in the light of some recently poor performances.
This is not the first time that Bender has popped up on Arsenal’s radar, Wenger had a bid rejected in the Summer of 2013 in the region of £20 Million.
The German defensive midfield player would be a perfect fit for the North London club. He is strong, quick, intelligent and has a good range of passing. Bender had an impressive season last campaign, in 29 Bundesliga games he won 87 tackles, 51 interceptions, 10 blocks and 52 clearances which just goes to show how vital he was for Leverkusen as they clinched Champions league qualification for another season.
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas
- Gabriel opens up on his decision to join Arsenal