According to the Sunday Times Arsene Wenger is keen on bringing Newcastle’s Powerhouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko to the Emirates.
The report suggests that Wenger is keen to bring the Frenchman to Arsenal and is preparing a £15 million bid for a January approach.
Sissoko signed for Newcastle United on 21st January 2013 for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £10 million from Ligue 1 club Toulouse.
The French International has been ever present for Newcastle and has drawn parallels to Manchester City’s Yaya Toure. It is easy to see why; he is strong, powerful and has an eye for goal much like the Ivorian.
Wenger was rumoured to have shown interest in Sissoko in 2013 before he made the move to the North East and now looks set to step up his interest once more, one criticism that has been constantly thrown at Wenger’s side is that they have no real physical presence and are easy to bully when in possession, this is something Sissoko would bring in abundance.
Arsenal who have recently had a massive blow with the ankle injury to Jack Wilshere will see Newcastle’s No.7 as the ideal candidate to feel the void.
There have been many calls for re-inforcements in January and you can see why, Arsenal’s injury list does not seem to be getting any lighter. Key absentees including Mathieu Debuchy, Mesut Ozil and Theo Walcott are now joined by Wilshere which curtailed with poor form in the league have only helped increase tension between a big portion of the Arsenal faithful and club.
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas