It has been reported that Arsene Wenger is readying a bid for Barcelona winger Pedro Rodrigues of £26 Million for a January swoop.
Pedro has found his opportunities limited under new boss Luis Enrique and has only made 14 La Liga appearances for the Catalan giants scoring 2 goals.
The 27 year old Spanish International was linked with Arsenal in the Summer but it is believed that a bid of around £20 Million was rejected before the signing of Barcelona team mate Alexis Sanchez was announced, now Wenger looks ready to test Barcelona’s resolve once more with a sizeable offer.
The arrival of former Liverpool forward Luis Suarez appears to have limited first team opportunities for Pedro who would be an exceptional signing for a relatively small fee in today’s inflated transfer market.
Pedro comes with a winning mentality and a pedigree of the highest order. The Winger has 4 La Liga titles as well as 2 Champions League triumphs with Barcelona as well as being a World Cup and European Championship winner with Spain.
It is no secret that Wenger is in dire need of additions to his injury ravaged squad in January and with this being one of the tightest battles for Champions league qualification it may take a lot of investment in January if Arsenal are to make it 19 successive qualifying campaigns.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?