It has been reported that Arsene Wenger is readying a bid for Barcelona winger Pedro Rodrigues of £26 Million for a January swoop.
Pedro has found his opportunities limited under new boss Luis Enrique and has only made 14 La Liga appearances for the Catalan giants scoring 2 goals.
The 27 year old Spanish International was linked with Arsenal in the Summer but it is believed that a bid of around £20 Million was rejected before the signing of Barcelona team mate Alexis Sanchez was announced, now Wenger looks ready to test Barcelona’s resolve once more with a sizeable offer.
The arrival of former Liverpool forward Luis Suarez appears to have limited first team opportunities for Pedro who would be an exceptional signing for a relatively small fee in today’s inflated transfer market.
Pedro comes with a winning mentality and a pedigree of the highest order. The Winger has 4 La Liga titles as well as 2 Champions League triumphs with Barcelona as well as being a World Cup and European Championship winner with Spain.
It is no secret that Wenger is in dire need of additions to his injury ravaged squad in January and with this being one of the tightest battles for Champions league qualification it may take a lot of investment in January if Arsenal are to make it 19 successive qualifying campaigns.
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai