Neil Warnock’s Crystal Palace are interested in taking Arsenal’s young striker Yaya Sanogo on loan for the second half of this season.
Crystal Palace have found goals relatively difficult to come by this season only scoring 19 goals in 17 games and early indications suggest that the Eagles are looking to improve their attacking options.
Warnock has tried 5 different attackers so far this season; Fraizer Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Maraoune Chamakh, Kevin Doyle and Andy Johnson have all struggled in front of goal notching 6 goals between them.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger clearly rates Sanogo and sees much potential in the under 21 French international but with the likes of Olivier Giroud, Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez above him in the pecking order it would be ideal for Sanogo to take a loan deal with another Premier League club so he can learn his trade and get a run of games under his belt.
Sanogo has found chances at a premium this season having played only 6 competitive matches thus far and scoring just the once which came in a much needed 2-0 victory at home to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League. The young French striker has bags of potential but at this stage of his career the pressure of being an Arsenal striker seems to much of a weight at present and he has struggled to string together enough games due to injury.
Along with Palace there is also interest from Aston Villa and Gustavo Poyet’s Sunderland who like Palace have both struggle for goals scoring only 11 and 15 respectively.
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games