Brooklyn Beckham has earned himself a call up to the Under 18 team at Arsenal after impressing the coaching staff with his performances in the under 16 team.
Beckham was placed in the the U18’s team last week and made the squad for the 1-0 win over Leicester on Saturday. He was given Thierry Henry’s old shirt no 14 and took his place on the bench sitting next players such as Gedion Zelalem and Maitland-Niles who have both featured in the first team this season.
Despite not making his debut on Saturday it looks like he has certainly cemented his place there. He has progressed well through the ranks and said to be a promising rising star for Arsenal which is beneficial as the youth team has suffered in recent years with Wilshere and Gibbs being the only players to get full time first team football in the last ten years.
Andries Jonker is definitely starting to implement his philosophies, you can see a definite change in form in our youth teams this year especially after the last season was so shockingly poor. The U21’s have improved no end and the U18’s still have some improvement to make but they are still playing better than last year.
There is no denying all eyes will be on Brooklyn Beckham over the next few years as he follows in his dads foot steps towards a potentially wonderful football career. He’s definitely got talent from some of highlights I have watched from the youth games over the season and he posted a video of him showing some of his skills with a volley not too dissimilar from his dads.
It might not be too long before we see him making his debut in the first team but for now we can enjoy watching him develop and participate in improving our youth set up.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper