Brooklyn Beckham has earned himself a call up to the Under 18 team at Arsenal after impressing the coaching staff with his performances in the under 16 team.
Beckham was placed in the the U18’s team last week and made the squad for the 1-0 win over Leicester on Saturday. He was given Thierry Henry’s old shirt no 14 and took his place on the bench sitting next players such as Gedion Zelalem and Maitland-Niles who have both featured in the first team this season.
Despite not making his debut on Saturday it looks like he has certainly cemented his place there. He has progressed well through the ranks and said to be a promising rising star for Arsenal which is beneficial as the youth team has suffered in recent years with Wilshere and Gibbs being the only players to get full time first team football in the last ten years.
Andries Jonker is definitely starting to implement his philosophies, you can see a definite change in form in our youth teams this year especially after the last season was so shockingly poor. The U21’s have improved no end and the U18’s still have some improvement to make but they are still playing better than last year.
There is no denying all eyes will be on Brooklyn Beckham over the next few years as he follows in his dads foot steps towards a potentially wonderful football career. He’s definitely got talent from some of highlights I have watched from the youth games over the season and he posted a video of him showing some of his skills with a volley not too dissimilar from his dads.
It might not be too long before we see him making his debut in the first team but for now we can enjoy watching him develop and participate in improving our youth set up.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future