Brooklyn Beckham has earned himself a call up to the Under 18 team at Arsenal after impressing the coaching staff with his performances in the under 16 team.
Beckham was placed in the the U18’s team last week and made the squad for the 1-0 win over Leicester on Saturday. He was given Thierry Henry’s old shirt no 14 and took his place on the bench sitting next players such as Gedion Zelalem and Maitland-Niles who have both featured in the first team this season.
Despite not making his debut on Saturday it looks like he has certainly cemented his place there. He has progressed well through the ranks and said to be a promising rising star for Arsenal which is beneficial as the youth team has suffered in recent years with Wilshere and Gibbs being the only players to get full time first team football in the last ten years.
Andries Jonker is definitely starting to implement his philosophies, you can see a definite change in form in our youth teams this year especially after the last season was so shockingly poor. The U21’s have improved no end and the U18’s still have some improvement to make but they are still playing better than last year.
There is no denying all eyes will be on Brooklyn Beckham over the next few years as he follows in his dads foot steps towards a potentially wonderful football career. He’s definitely got talent from some of highlights I have watched from the youth games over the season and he posted a video of him showing some of his skills with a volley not too dissimilar from his dads.
It might not be too long before we see him making his debut in the first team but for now we can enjoy watching him develop and participate in improving our youth set up.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?