According to several newspapers yesterday including the Telegraph Arsenal are the frontrunners for Manchester City midfielder James Milner this Summer when his contract expires. Milner has reportedly expressed a desire to make the switch to the Emirates after Manchester City failed to give the England international the guarantees that he was after.
The former Aston Villa midfielder has featured 27 times in the Premier League this season scoring 3 times with 6 assists, he has been in good form for Man City playing in a multitude of positions including holding midfield, on the wing and even as a Striker.
Milner has also created 41 chances, won 38 tackles and has a pass completion rate of 81% all this points to the potential of signing the City midfielder on a free transfer as a no brainer.
The one question would be where would he fit into the Arsenal squad? Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini have failed to impress this season and there days could be numbered at the Emirates and with the emergence of Francis Coquelin it would be sensible to have Milner as a back up option for the holding midfield role.
Milner can be an effective player when utilised in the right way he is the type of combative midfielder that Arsenal need not only that he has vast experience at the top level which would only benefit the likes of Coquelin, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
According to the Sun newspaper Milner has already made up his mind and they are suggesting it is already a done deal, with talks of Arsenal looking to go big again this Summer it would be a sensible addition to add some much need steel and experience to the squad.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future