According to several newspapers yesterday including the Telegraph Arsenal are the frontrunners for Manchester City midfielder James Milner this Summer when his contract expires. Milner has reportedly expressed a desire to make the switch to the Emirates after Manchester City failed to give the England international the guarantees that he was after.
The former Aston Villa midfielder has featured 27 times in the Premier League this season scoring 3 times with 6 assists, he has been in good form for Man City playing in a multitude of positions including holding midfield, on the wing and even as a Striker.
Milner has also created 41 chances, won 38 tackles and has a pass completion rate of 81% all this points to the potential of signing the City midfielder on a free transfer as a no brainer.
The one question would be where would he fit into the Arsenal squad? Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini have failed to impress this season and there days could be numbered at the Emirates and with the emergence of Francis Coquelin it would be sensible to have Milner as a back up option for the holding midfield role.
Milner can be an effective player when utilised in the right way he is the type of combative midfielder that Arsenal need not only that he has vast experience at the top level which would only benefit the likes of Coquelin, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
According to the Sun newspaper Milner has already made up his mind and they are suggesting it is already a done deal, with talks of Arsenal looking to go big again this Summer it would be a sensible addition to add some much need steel and experience to the squad.
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games