It has been reported in The Metro that Arsene Wenger has been given the green light to bid for Barcelona and Spain forward Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma better known as Pedro, it is believed a bid in excess of £20 million would be enough to see him depart the Camp Nou.
The Barcelona forward has struggled to hold down a starting place since the arrival of Neymar and more recently Luis Suarez which has seen him become very frustrated at the Catalan giants. Pedro has only started 13 La Liga games this season scoring 5 goals and grabbing 5 assists.
Any deal would see him link up with former Barcelona team mate Alexis Sanchez who sealed a £32 million switch last Summer and hit the ground running.
If Pedro was to agree a switch this Summer it would see what seems to be the inevitable exit of Theo Walcott who is still yet to agree a new deal, the England winger is quickly approaching his final year at the Emirates with negotiations appearing to have stalled on the player’s wage demands.
Pedro would be an ideal fit for Arsenal and the Premier League, he is a mobile forward who much like Sanchez can play a multitude of postions along the front line. He is quick, intelligent and has a great eye for goal.
Since the arrival of latest Barcelona coach Luis Enrique the 27 year old attacker has fallen even further down the pecking order and is in need of a new challenge and will be eager to seek out first team football to keep his International career on track.
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games