Arsenal fan favourite Tomas Rosicky looks to have called time on his Arsenal career after rejected a reported one year extension and will seek out pastures new
Rosicky now 34 has become frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities, the former Dortmund playmaker has fallen down the pecking order partly due to injury and now finds himself behind Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere.
The Czech international was signed back in 2006 for only £7 million and has been a good servant to Arsene Wenger, unfortunately his Arsenal career in recent years has been blotted by injury and with Arsenal looking to strengthen in the Summer it was an inevitability that Rosicky may move on due to Wenger being unable to give him first team assurances.
Rosicky has only started five games this season which is nowhere near enough to satisfy a player of Rosicky‘s pedigree, according to the Sun he is “not prepared to spend another year on the bench”.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?