It is being reported in the Mirror among many other media sources that Arsenal are set to unveil Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal in a month after reportedly agreeing a deal to bring him to the Emirates for a fee of around £25 million.
Juventus’ box to box midfield man would be a serious signal of intent from Arsenal, Manager Arsene Wenger speaking after the final Premier League game of the season said “we want more, we want to challenge for the title”. It is an encouraging sign and it looks like Wenger is ready to follow up the signings of Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez with another big name.
Well respected South American journalist Hernan Feler took to social media to confirm a deal is “fully closed”
Feler tweeted: “After the Copa America of Chile, the arrival of Arturo Vidal in the Arsenal will be made official. It is fully closed. He will be companion of Alexis.”
Vidal has played a major part in Juventus’ success this season, the Turin club have already won the League and cup double and will be looking to cause an upset in the Champions League final against Barcelona and scoop an impressive treble.
The Chile midfielder is now 28 years of age ,has made 28 league appearances this seasons scoring seven times and assisting four times. Juventus are believed to be interested in signing Paulo Dybala and Edinson Cavani which would mean the departure of a big name, this name now looks to be Vidal to Arsenal.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper