Arsenal have revealed that Jack Wilshere will not be facing any further action from the club after he sang an anti-Spurs song during the club’s FA Cup celebrations on Sunday.
The Arsenal team took to the stage outside the Emirates on Sunday for their celebration parade following their FA Cup win. It was a chance for players and manager to celebrate with their fans and Jack Wilshere certainly enhanced the atmosphere when took possession of the microphone and sang a certain Spurs related song and encouraged the crowd to sing along with him.
The footage of the parade was broadcast live to the club’s media channel which led them to apologise midway through for the swearing. Wilshere was later reminded of his responsibilities as player by Arsene Wenger but no further action will be taken over the incident.
Opinion: That song is one of the fans favourites, it’s sung at every game and people would be naive to think that Spurs players and fans wouldn’t have done the same thing if they were ever in that position. It shows that Wilshere is a true fan as well as a player and what a way to get the fans all excited and celebrating. Both Arsenal and Spurs thrive on this rivalry and rely on it to play exciting games whatever the result so stop vindicating us for something both parties are completely fine with.
For anyone who missed Jack’s song, here it is:
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future