Theo Walcott is confident that an extension to his contract will be agreed but also insists “it will take time”.
The Arsenal forward impressed at Wembley in the FA Cup final and many believe it will only be a matter of time before the 26 year old puts pen to paper on an extension to his contract which runs out next Summer.
Walcott was speaking at the open top bus parade yesterday where the squad were celebrating retaining the FA Cup in front of their fans.
He said: “I am sure things will get resolved. I just want to enjoy today.
“I have got England coming up and then we can think about that process, but it will take time, I am sure.”
Walcott added: “We just showed it has been a great success this year, it has been a step up, to finish third (in the Premier League) and win the FA Cup in consecutive years. We want more and more of this.
“These players have the trust in each other and this has got to be a stepping stone now to challenge for the title, because this is what all of these fans dream of.
“We need to do it for them, they have waited a long time.”
Walcott only managed a handful of appearances this season but now looks to have fully recovered, he sounds like a man that wants to secure his future at Arsenal. The forward has four goals in his last two games for the club including a hat-trick against West Brom on the final day of the Premier League season.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper