Following another FA Cup success it is expected that Arsene Wenger will look to bring in 3 or 4 new faces and no more to the Arsenal squad for next season, this is dependent on the quality that is available. He has already gone someway to refuting any ideas that he will be spending the sort of money that Juventus’ Paul Pogba would fetch for, but the money is there if the board and Wenger see fit to spend it.
The issue of Theo Walcott‘s contract will be a big talking point going into this Summer, following his opening Wembley goal there will be many suitors for the England winger if Arsenal are unable to convince the forward to sign a contract extension to his current deal that ends next Summer. It has been widely reported that Walcott will be seeking assurances on his position within this Arsenal squad as well as the frequency of playing time, this is quite standard for a player at this stage of his football career.
One option for Arsenal if contract negotiations go south is the availability of Colombian Jackson Martinez who have been told by club FC Porto that he will be allowed to leave for the right price, Martinez has a release clause of £24.7 million and would fit the bill at the Emirates. The 28 year old can play either side of a front three as well as being a more than effective target man. It is believed that Martinez is also a big Arsenal fan which would mean the player would not take much convincing in making a switch to the Emirates.
- Liverpool vs Arsenal Preview
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games