It has been reported in the Daily Star that Karim Benzema is a £30 million transfer target for Arsenal Wenger as he looks to bolster his squad this Summer
The Real Madrid striker’s time at the Santiago Bernabeu looks set to end this Summer with Premier League clubs Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United among the clubs that have shown interest in taking the French international.
Wenger is a keen admirer of Benzema and has tried to sign him in the past and it has been reported that he is readying an offer for the 27 year striker.
Benzema has scored 14 goals in 29 appearances in La Liga this season and it is understood that Real Madrid will be looking to bring in Edinson Cavani when they reveal Rafa Benitez as their replacement for the departing Carlo Ancelotti.
Arsenal have been short in the Centre Forward department again this season with Olivier Giroud figuring predominately again this season through the middle, the arrival of Danny Welbeck has not really worked for most of the season and if Arsenal are to challenge for the title as many expect them to next season Giroud will need some support.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?