It is being reported in the Metro that Arsenal are very “close” to completing a deal to bring Monaco’s midfield powerhouse Geoffrey Kondogbia to the Emirates.
Kondogbia has been linked with Arsenal a lot in recent days and it is thought that Arsenal face competition from Serie A side Inter Milan however new reports claim Arsene Wenger is set to win the race for the 22 year old midfielder.
Arsenal are rumoured to have bid £25 million for the French midfielder who would answer any defensive midfield problems Arsenal may have in their squad.
Francis Coquelin had an impressive campaign for Arsenal in that role but with Coquelin the only recognised holding midfield player it is important that Wenger adds to this area, an injury to the young Frenchman would see a return to that position for either Mathieu Flamini or Mikel Arteta who are clearly not good enough at the highest level.
Kondogbia has been compared to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira and it is easy to see why, he is powerful, aggressive and dynamic which is exactly what Arsenal need in their midfield.
Any talk of Kondogbia would quash any rumours that went before regarding Arturo Vidal and with Kondogbia a lot younger and more of what this Arsenal squad needs signing the Frenchman over the Chilean would make more sense.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?