It is being reported in the Metro that Arsenal are very “close” to completing a deal to bring Monaco’s midfield powerhouse Geoffrey Kondogbia to the Emirates.
Kondogbia has been linked with Arsenal a lot in recent days and it is thought that Arsenal face competition from Serie A side Inter Milan however new reports claim Arsene Wenger is set to win the race for the 22 year old midfielder.
Arsenal are rumoured to have bid £25 million for the French midfielder who would answer any defensive midfield problems Arsenal may have in their squad.
Francis Coquelin had an impressive campaign for Arsenal in that role but with Coquelin the only recognised holding midfield player it is important that Wenger adds to this area, an injury to the young Frenchman would see a return to that position for either Mathieu Flamini or Mikel Arteta who are clearly not good enough at the highest level.
Kondogbia has been compared to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira and it is easy to see why, he is powerful, aggressive and dynamic which is exactly what Arsenal need in their midfield.
Any talk of Kondogbia would quash any rumours that went before regarding Arturo Vidal and with Kondogbia a lot younger and more of what this Arsenal squad needs signing the Frenchman over the Chilean would make more sense.
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain interested in signing Arsenal vice-captain Hector Bellerin
- Predicted Arsenal line-up For Europa League game against Benfica
- Premier League Preview: Arsenal vs Leeds United
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai