Chelsea second choice goalkeeper Petr Cech has admitted he has made no decisions about his future and is unsure about where he will be next season
The Czech Republic shot stopper has been given permission to talk to clubs ahead of a much expected exit from Stamford Bridge this Summer, the 33 year old has found chances at a premium this season and has fallen behind Belgian Thibaut Courtois in the pecking order.
It has been widely reported that Cech would like to stay in London and this puts Arsenal in pole position to sign the Czech keeper this Summer. Czech admitted he is not even thinking about next season at the moment.
He said: “I will fly back now and join the national team. When the season is over I will weigh up my options and decide.
“I don’t know if I have played my last game for Chelsea or not. At the moment everything is just speculation. I’m not thinking about it.”
Arsenal are in need of an additional goalkeeper with Wojciech Szczesny‘s inconsistency, David Opsina has been in impressive former for the Gunners since his arrival from Nice last Summer and it is thought that Arsene Wenger is keen to sign a keeper to compete with Ospina for the No.1 spot.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper