Chilean attacking midfielder Arturo Vidal has been the source of much speculation in recent weeks, it was thought that a deal with Arsenal was close to completion but that talk as cooled significantly in the days which have followed. Now Juventus Sporting Director Guiseppe Moratta has put the record straight.
He told Chilean newspaper El Mercurio: “I have no problem saying it, Arturo Vidal will stay at Juventus next season; he is a player too valuable to let go.
There has also been rumours that new Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez had identified Vidal as his top target and there had even been a agreement in place, Moratta was quick to quash that rumour as well.
“We have nothing concrete from Real Madrid or other teams, but we know that several major clubs are watching the Chilean.
Last month South American journalist Hernan Feler had claimed that an agreement had been reached between Vidal and Arsenal claiming that all will be revealed after this month’s Copa America.
After the Copa America in Chile, it will be made official the arrival of Arturo Vidal to Arsenal.
“Everything is closed. Alexis [Sanchez] will partner him.”
these comments now seem wide of the mark.
There were also rumours that talks with Vidal‘s agent took place after the FA Cup final where Fernando Felicevich the player’s agent was present, he also acts on behalf of Arsenal‘s Alexis Sanchez and was at Wembley as a guest of Sanchez.
Vidal is expected to start for Juventus tonight in their Champions League final in Berlin where they take on favourites Barcelona.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?