It has been reported in the Mirror that Serie A side Napoli have rejected a bid for their Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, the bid is understood to be £29.4 million.
It is understood that Napoli are open to selling the 27 year old for the right price who are holding out for £34 million for the former Real Madrid man.
Napoli narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification and Higuain understandably will want Champions League football at this stage of his career.
Arsene Wenger was “close” to signing Higuain back in 2013 before the Argentinian international completed his move to Naples where he has scored 35 goals in 69 games.
It would seem Arsenal are in the market for a striker this Summer, Higuain is the latest that Wenger has been linked with following rumours of interest in Colombians Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?