It has been reported in the Mirror that Serie A side Napoli have rejected a bid for their Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, the bid is understood to be £29.4 million.
It is understood that Napoli are open to selling the 27 year old for the right price who are holding out for £34 million for the former Real Madrid man.
Napoli narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification and Higuain understandably will want Champions League football at this stage of his career.
Arsene Wenger was “close” to signing Higuain back in 2013 before the Argentinian international completed his move to Naples where he has scored 35 goals in 69 games.
It would seem Arsenal are in the market for a striker this Summer, Higuain is the latest that Wenger has been linked with following rumours of interest in Colombians Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
- Former Arsenal legend urges club to sign Premier League star
- Eddie Nketiah: I am still capable of helping Arsenal
- Bukayo Saka’s astonishing market value released
- Moyes says Arteta sacking would have been “ludicrous”
- Leaked Arsenal away jersey for the 2021/22 season
- ‘Sokratis has told us Arsenal’s secrets,’ claims current teammate at Olympiacos
- Arsenal now the front-runners to sign Brighton star
- Arsenal will listen to offers for Reiss Nelson
- Arsenal ready to offer Bellerin for Barcelona man
- Arsenal interested in signing Newcastle United goalkeeper