It has been reported in the Mirror that Serie A side Napoli have rejected a bid for their Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, the bid is understood to be £29.4 million.
It is understood that Napoli are open to selling the 27 year old for the right price who are holding out for £34 million for the former Real Madrid man.
Napoli narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification and Higuain understandably will want Champions League football at this stage of his career.
Arsene Wenger was “close” to signing Higuain back in 2013 before the Argentinian international completed his move to Naples where he has scored 35 goals in 69 games.
It would seem Arsenal are in the market for a striker this Summer, Higuain is the latest that Wenger has been linked with following rumours of interest in Colombians Jackson Martinez and Carlos Bacca.
- 3 positions Arsenal must strengthen in January
- Arsenal vs Chelsea Preview, Team News and Key Stats
- Arsenal vs Southampton preview, team news, line-ups and prediction
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal – North London derby preview
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future