Arsenal’s Costa Rica striker looks set to make a permanent to La Liga after spending a season on loan in Spain.
Joel Campbell had an encouraging World Cup in Brazil for his country Costa Rica and he made a big impression on the world stage especially in the victory over Uruguay in the group stages, it was thought that he would play a big part leading into the 2014-15 season but has found first team opportunities hard to come by at the Emirates.
Campbell has spent a large part of this season on loan at La Liga side Villareal and looks like his Arsenal career could be coming to an end, There is a percentage of the Arsenal fan-base that believe the 22 year old has not been given a fair crack of the whip but it looks as if Arsenal are willing to cut their losses with Real Sociedad favourites for the striker’s signature.
David Moyes who is currently weighing up a £6 million bid for the Arsenal man is believed to be looking to play Campbell alongside former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela and end Campbell‘s short but frustrating career at the Emirates.
- ‘A quality signing’, ‘Impressive performance’, some Arsenal fans praise attacker’s display vs Fulham
- Mikel Arteta confirms Rob Holding will stay put at Arsenal
- Predicted Arsenal lineup (3-4-3) vs Fulham, Saliba and Ceballos start
- Arsenal duo David Luiz and Sokratis unavailable for curtain-raiser at Fulham
- Arsenal boss hints at imminent new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal’s start to the 2020/21 Premier League season analysed
- Arsenal transfer roundup: Gabriel Magalhaes deal, Houssem Aouar interest
- Arsenal’s transfer plans and expectations for the 2020/21 campaign
- Arsenal betting odds for November 2019 games
- What does the future hold for Arsenal after Sheffield United defeat?