Arsenal have seven players who will feature at the 2018 World Cup in Russia this summer – David Ospina (Colombia), Nacho Monreal (Spain), Mohamed Elneny (Egypt), Granit Xhaka (Switzerland), Alex Iwobi (Nigeria), Mesut Ozil (Germany) and Danny Welbeck (England).
Laurent Koscielny missed out for France through injury, while former Gunner Olivier Giroud got the nod over Alexandre Lacazette in Les Blues’ attack. It’s the first time since Euro 1996 that Arsenal haven’t had a player in the French national team for a major tournament.
Shkodran Mustafi failed to make the Germany squad and Jack Wilshere failed to make the England squad.
Manchester City have the most players going to Russia (16), with Real Madrid (15), Barcelona (14), Paris Saint-Germain (12), Chelsea (12), Tottenham Hotspur (12), Juventus (11), Manchester United (11), Bayern Munich (11) and Atletico Madrid (9) making up the top-ten.
Ozil is tipped to go the furthest of any his Arsenal teammates, with Joachim Loew’s side 5/1 to go all the way in Russia. You’ll make a sizeable profit backing Germany to win the World Cup with This Bitstarz review as they offer a first deposit bonus of 150% up to €100.
Germany are in Group F, with Mexico, South Korea and Sweden.
- 17/6/18 (World Cup) Germany v Mexico
- 23/6/18 (World Cup) Germany v Sweden
- 27/6/18 (World Cup) South Korea v Germany
Germany and Mexico are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.
Colombia are in Group H, with Japan, Poland and Senegal.
- 19/6/18 (World Cup) Colombia v Japan
- 24/6/18 (World Cup) Poland v Colombia
- 28/6/18 (World Cup) Senegal v Colombia
Colombia and Poland are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.
Spain are in Group B, with Iran, Morocco and Portugal.
- 15/6/18 (World Cup) Portugal v Spain
- 20/6/18 (World Cup) Iran v Spain
- 25/6/18 (World Cup) Spain v Morocco
Spain and Portugal are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.
Egypt are in Group A, with Russia, Saudi Arabia and Uruguay.
- 15/6/18 (World Cup) Egypt v Uruguay
- 19/6/18 (World Cup) Russia v Egypt
- 25/6/18 (World Cup) Saudi Arabia v Egypt
Russia and Uruguay are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.
Switzerland are in Group E, with Brazil, Costa Rica and Serbia.
- 17/6/18 (World Cup) Brazil v Switzerland
- 22/6/18 (World Cup) Serbia v Switzerland
- 27/6/18 (World Cup) Switzerland v Costa Rica
Switzerland and Brazil are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.
Nigeria are in Group D, with Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.
- 16/6/18 (World Cup) Croatia v Nigeria
- 22/6/18 (World Cup) Nigeria v Iceland
- 26/6/18 (World Cup) Nigeria v Argentina
Croatia and Argentina are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.
England are in Group G, with Belgium, Panama and Tunisia.
- 18/6/18 (World Cup) Tunisia v England
- 24/6/18 (World Cup) England v Panama
- 28/6/18 (World Cup) England v Belgium
England and Belgium are favourites to qualify for the knockouts.