A section of Arsenal fans on Twitter have heaped praise on Willian following his impressive debut for the club against Fulham in the Premier League curtain-raiser on Saturday.
The Gunners started off their top-flight campaign with a comfortable 3-0 win over the newly-promoted outfit on the road and Willian played his part in each of the goals scored.
The Brazil international, who joined on a free transfer earlier this summer, saw his close range shot saved by Marek Rodak in the eighth minute, but Alexandre Lacazette was on guard to tap home the opening goal.
Before the 30th-minute mark, the former Chelsea man had the opportunity to score his maiden Gunners goal from a free-kick, but he was denied after his attempt hit the woodwork.
Following the interval, he delivered the corner which contributed to Gabriel Magalhaes’ goal on debut before spraying a terrific cross-field pass for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who made it 3-0 for the Gunners in the 57th minute.
The 32-year-old was substituted in the final 15 minutes for Nicolas Pepe to make the playing field, but he left a good impression on the supporters, who had watched him for the first time in the club’s colours.
Here are some of the Twitter reactions:
Willian bagged two assists for the north London giants on debut and it will be interesting to see whether he can maintain the consistency over an extended run of matches, something which has been missing in his long career.
The Gunners are scheduled to host West Ham United at the Emirates Stadium this weekend. Willian scored a brace for Chelsea in his previous meeting against the Hammers, but he was still on the wrong end of a 3-2 scoreline at the London Stadium.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Arsenal Considering Buy-To-Loan Deal For Dominik Szoboszlai
- Arsenal hoping to sign Dominik Szoboszlai
- Orji Kalu wants to buy a stake in Arsenal
- Dani Ceballos reacts to reports of a scuffle with David Luiz
- Arsenal keen on Sergio Ramos
- Arsenal could block Aubameyang from playing with Gabon in future
- Arsenal set to sign Omar Rekik in January
- Mathieu Flamini rules out Arsenal takeover rumours
- Jack Grealish heaps praise on Bukayo Saka
- Cesc Fabregas believes Mikel Arteta needs more time to implement his ideas